Camera buffs........is it worth anything ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I need to quit digging through things. :)

I've got a never used 35mm camera, extra lens kit, and flash that I purchased in the PX in Vietnam and sent home around 1970 or so.........has always been stored boxed in the house.

1.Yashica Mecainca Gold Electro 35........I know absolutely squat about camera lenses but it's got the one on it that came with it.
2. Optional lenses kit that has a couple of filters, two more lenses, sun shade, hand held short handle that can also be used as a tripod, shoulder strap and a couple other things with it.
3. Manon Sun Pak 7D flash.
4. Two leather film holders that go on the strap that have, "Saigon Vietnam" on them.
5. I have all the paperwork that was supplied by Yashica for the camera and kit.

I realize photography and cameras have come a long, long way since 1970 but being brand new / old stock this camera is still probably very capable of taking great photos.

If interested in the camera and what it comes with shoot me a PM and we'll go from there.

Yashica Gold.jpg

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have an obsolete 35mm. It's an Olympus OM1n

Quite pricey in the 70's. It would take fantastic pictures or lousy pictures, There were no middle ground pictures. I'm sure it was the photographer.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Digital technology has decimated the film camera market. Instant free developed instamatic pictures vs. drop off and pay money for the pictures someday? No brainer even for the largely moronic society we live in now. My opinion anyway. I used to buy, sell, and trade Canon AE-1s and AE-1 Programmable cameras. There is no market. Heck I have a 16 megapixel digital camera and lenses I can't sell because phones have such good cameras in them now.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Digital technology has decimated the film camera market. Instant free developed instamatic pictures vs. drop off and pay money for the pictures someday? No brainer even for the largely moronic society we live in now. My opinion anyway. I used to buy, sell, and trade Canon AE-1s and AE-1 Programmable cameras. There is no market. Heck I have a 16 megapixel digital camera and lenses I can't sell because phones have such good cameras in them now.
Heck if I could afford it I would buy it. The guys will tell you my photos need the help. :P :P :P

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There ya have it, and as with my fellow 59 I too have a nice canon plus several lenses..

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are still some folks out there that prefer shooting with film. I think it is largely because it is more of a challenge in photographing and developing. At one time, I had an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, a Minolta XG-1, and a Canon T50. Both the Pentax and Minolta had extra lenses. I was finally able to sell all of the stuff at a garage sale to a guy whose granddaughter was going to take photography classes. I didn't get much for them, but I know that some young lady may be enjoying the heck out of them.

As stated by others, I would also check with E-bay. Also, there are some websites that buy used camera equipment. You might check out KEH Camera as they sell and buy.

KEH Camera

Latest posts

Top Bottom