Camera buffs........is it worth anything ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are still some folks out there that prefer shooting with film. I think it is largely because it is more of a challenge in photographing and developing. At one time, I had an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, a Minolta XG-1, and a Canon T50. Both the Pentax and Minolta had extra lenses. I was finally able to sell all of the stuff at a garage sale to a guy whose granddaughter was going to take photography classes. I didn't get much for them, but I know that some young lady may be enjoying the heck out of them.

As stated by others, I would also check with E-bay. Also, there are some websites that buy used camera equipment. You might check out KEH Camera as they sell and buy.

KEH Camera
Yes, you are correct. I used to buy them on eBay and then sell them back on eBay and do nothing but divide the kits up into single camera/lens. I made money doing this. 07-08.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dug around and found mine from the 80's. Still has film in it.
I think I'm going to start taking pictures with it again. Hard to explain how cool it is to me

Attachments

• Olympus om pc.JPG
    Olympus om pc.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 45

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best picture I have in the house hanging is one my wife's grandmother took with a film 110 camera.
A film camera captures the colors as you see them a digital camera guesses at the color and some are way in left field.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have an obsolete 35mm. It's an Olympus OM1n

Quite pricey in the 70's. It would take fantastic pictures or lousy pictures, There were no middle ground pictures. I'm sure it was the photographer.
An OM-1n is like most precision rifles. It will take much better photographs than most photographers. I used to own one, as well as two OM-2ns. Why? Back in the film days, zoom lenses weren't as sharp as they are today. It was usually better to have at least two cameras, one for a wide angle or normal lens and another for a telephoto lens.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
As a film photography buff I can assure that film is not dead.
I shoot 35mm, 120 in 6X6 and 6X7 format and large format with a 4X5 field camera.
My 3 primary cameras are a Canon F1N (35mm), a Mamiya RB67 (120) and a Toyo 45A Field camera.
I develop my own film. Mostly B&W but will occasionally get a wild hair and run up some color. I have the ability to print as large as 16"X 20" under the enlarger but rarely go larger than 11X17. For color I scan and print with a large format inkjet printer.
With 3 shoulder surgeries last year I've kind of laid off photography but here is one from last spring shot with my Mamiya RB67.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Guess I need to quit digging through things. :)

I've got a never used 35mm camera, extra lens kit, and flash that I purchased in the PX in Vietnam and sent home around 1970 or so.........has always been stored boxed in the house.

1.Yashica Mecainca Gold Electro 35........I know absolutely squat about camera lenses but it's got the one on it that came with it.
2. Optional lenses kit that has a couple of filters, two more lenses, sun shade, hand held short handle that can also be used as a tripod, shoulder strap and a couple other things with it.
3. Manon Sun Pak 7D flash.
4. Three leather film holders that go on the strap that have, "Saigon Vietnam" on them.
5. I have all the paperwork that was supplied by Yashica for the camera and kit.

I realize photography and cameras have come a long, long way since 1970 but being brand new / old stock this camera is still probably very capable of taking great photos.

If interested in the camera and what it comes with shoot me a PM and we'll go from there.

View attachment 218227
A decent little camera in it's day and would probably take fine pictures today. But, like many things, having set unused for decades is not always a good thing. It is possible that lubrication has dried and could cause malfunctions. It would be possible to get it professionally service but the cost to do so would likely exceed the value of the camera. I have a couple of cameras that need serviced and I will probably spend as much or more than they are worth to get that done but I like shooting with old cameras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom