Camera buffs........is it worth anything ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Connon T-70 with a 200x lense and a 2x multiplier. I put on a tripod to use for a spotting scope. When not shooting it sits on my mantel with an old accordion Polaroid Highlander, my first hand held RCA DVD recorder, and my first Digital ViviCam. Nope never throw anything away. Ha Ha

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Connon T-70 with a 200x lense and a 2x multiplier. I put on a tripod to use for a spotting scope. When not shooting it sits on my mantel with an old accordion Polaroid Highlander, my first hand held RCA DVD recorder, and my first Digital ViviCam. Nope never throw anything away. Ha Ha

The spelling in your description above is getting closer to a phrase I like to use.

"Canon's (read 'cannons') are only good for make noises and leaving rubble strewn around."

That said, your use of it as a spotting scope is pretty spot on outstanding, especially with that lens/extender.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I ended up buying the Yashica last year from Hangfire. I suspected it would need some work and it proved to be correct. I replaced the light seals and a little piece politely known as the "pad of death" that affects how the camera resets and exposes. Finally got around to putting a test roll through it.

Pretty good little camera!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Black and white film photography is cool. Here is one of my favorite taken with an old Nikon FM3.

Attachments

• B19CE2E1-1512-4679-B32A-7D7FBC953481.jpeg
    B19CE2E1-1512-4679-B32A-7D7FBC953481.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 26

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black and white film photography is cool. Here is one of my favorite taken with an old Nikon FM3.

Yes, black and white is cool. However, I had a young man claim to me that black and white was the ONLY way to go. A few months later, I was asked to do a class for the kids at church that were interested in photography. So, I made up a PowerPoint presentation to show them tips on photography, and in that presentation, I included a black and white of a boat docked at a marina. This young man chimed in and said that the B&W was the best photograph of all that we had seen. (It was near the end of the presentation.) Then, I showed them the last picture which was of the same boat but in color, and the color showed that the boat was on fire, but the color couldn't be seen. I then said that sometimes B&W isn't the best, especially if it takes away the "full picture."

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember in Vietnam aI had a 35mm camera that I'd bought in the BX and this guy shows me photos he took with his Kodak. No difference, the Kodak had very shaep pictures.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
So I ended up buying the Yashica last year from Hangfire. I suspected it would need some work and it proved to be correct. I replaced the light seals and a little piece politely known as the "pad of death" that affects how the camera resets and exposes. Finally got around to putting a test roll through it.

Pretty good little camera!

Nicely done!
What film/processing?

Shot these just after the first to the year, Mamiya RB67, Ilford HP5 souped in Rodinal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom