Camera buffs........is it worth anything ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
For me, my choice of film stock and format is where I really control grain. I really don't care for the T-grain films so haven't shot much of it either Kodak or Ilford. I shoot more medium format and large format than I do 35mm. For more grain I will choose a faster stock like Ilford Delta 3200 and develop in Rodinal or D-76 and embrace the grain. If I want less grain I will chose a slower film, generally my go to is Ilford FP4 or Pan F plus and use one of the fine grain developers. Slower films will give less noticeable grain If I want to really minimize or essentially eliminate grain I'll dip into my limited stash of Kodak Tech Pan 4X5 sheet film and use Photographer's Formulary TD-3 Tech Pan developer. But I have a limited supply of that and it hasn't been made in decades so I tend to hoard it a little.

I shot this on 4X5 a couple of years ago.
HP5 developed in Rodinal 1:25 and sepia toned after printing.

This was taken on Ilford Delta 3200 120 film and also souped in Rodinal1:25

This was on 35mm Ilford HP5 and developed in D-76

This was 35mm on Delta 3200 and D-76, I was going for grain.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, my choice of film stock and format is where I really control grain. I really don't care for the T-grain films so haven't shot much of it either Kodak or Ilford. I shoot more medium format and large format than I do 35mm. For more grain I will choose a faster stock like Ilford Delta 3200 and develop in Rodinal or D-76 and embrace the grain. If I want less grain I will chose a slower film, generally my go to is Ilford FP4 or Pan F plus and use one of the fine grain developers. Slower films will give less noticeable grain If I want to really minimize or essentially eliminate grain I'll dip into my limited stash of Kodak Tech Pan 4X5 sheet film and use Photographer's Formulary TD-3 Tech Pan developer. But I have a limited supply of that and it hasn't been made in decades so I tend to hoard it a little.

The singer is a wonderful photo.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canon AE-1, Kentmere 100 film. I use Kentmere 100 all the time. Processed in Caffenol.

Attachments

• AB91D30F-5D48-41EF-87E8-8EA67CC67208.jpeg
    AB91D30F-5D48-41EF-87E8-8EA67CC67208.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 9D004620-1EB7-43FA-856A-3631320C0558.jpeg
    9D004620-1EB7-43FA-856A-3631320C0558.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 31

AMANIIAC

Amandah’s
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I need to quit digging through things. :)

I've got a never used 35mm camera, extra lens kit, and flash that I purchased in the PX in Vietnam and sent home around 1970 or so.........has always been stored boxed in the house.

1.Yashica Mecainca Gold Electro 35........I know absolutely squat about camera lenses but it's got the one on it that came with it.
2. Optional lenses kit that has a couple of filters, two more lenses, sun shade, hand held short handle that can also be used as a tripod, shoulder strap and a couple other things with it.
3. Manon Sun Pak 7D flash.
4. Two leather film holders that go on the strap that have, "Saigon Vietnam" on them.
5. I have all the paperwork that was supplied by Yashica for the camera and kit.

I realize photography and cameras have come a long, long way since 1970 but being brand new / old stock this camera is still probably very capable of taking great photos.

If interested in the camera and what it comes with shoot me a PM and we'll go from there.

View attachment 218227

Attachments

• B2FF0548-59A1-41CD-85BB-6C3B3B1FF628.jpeg
    B2FF0548-59A1-41CD-85BB-6C3B3B1FF628.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 17

AMANIIAC

Amandah’s
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw it coming, had several thousand in Olympus film cameras and lenses, put the whole mess on eBay years ago and did pretty good. This was back when a 10 megapixel camera was top of the line, one of the few smart things I have done in this life.
Have you tried selling anything on Ebay lately?

AMANIIAC

Amandah’s
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies fellas.

Looking harder I found a few for sale on the internet, granted they were used and didn't have the lens kit, but from looking at what they are going for and have gone for lately I don't think it would be worth my time to mess with Ebay.

I think I'll just go ahead and stuff it back in the closet and let the executor of my estate ponder on what to do with it when the times comes.
I prefer that camera over my Olympus SLR even if I new where the battery was. Don’t be to hasty with that cameras ability. They still develop that film. That’s what I did.

AMANIIAC

Amandah’s
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dam , you know stuff ! Good Job !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom