Camera help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been out of the trailcam business for a while and want advice.
My last cameras used SD cards. My son bought a few spy point cameras and I know that I do not want spypoints. You guys have lots of cameras at up and I would like your comments on which ones are best and why.
I can look up reviews but I don’t trust them as much as I trust y’all.
Thanks!

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to try a Tactacam, but I’m committed to only using cell cams that will allow me to continue to use ATT Buy a Session for my service.
Can I use Verizon “Buy a session” with Spartans?
I know they were SPYPOINT but Verizon had better service than AT&T on our place.
I have AT&T cell service and it is just fine.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I use Verizon “Buy a session” with Spartans?
I know they were SPYPOINT but Verizon had better service than AT&T on our place.
I have AT&T cell service and it is just fine.
I don’t know anything about what Verizon offers, but if they do have a “buy a session” like ATT, I’m pretty sure you can use it on certain Spartan cameras. I haven’t researched it enough to know which ones though. I’m pretty sure you can’t with the “Ghost”. :anyone:

All these cell cam companies have figured out that they were leaving money on the table by letting their customers choose their own service providers, and now they’re trying really hard to force everyone into paying them for their pictures. I’m paying $75+/- a year per camera for basically unlimited pictures through ATT buy a session, and the last time I checked, it was going to be close to $200/year for a similar plan through Spartan. I will probably go back to non cellular cameras before I pay that much.:censored:

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’d like to try a Tactacam, but I’m committed to only using cell cams that will allow me to continue to use ATT Buy a Session for my service.
Guess I'm not familiar with what Buy a Session is? I pay $12/month unlimited pics per cam, billed by Tactacam, not ATT. I can suspend those cams during the months that I don't want to use them though. So $12/cam x 3 cams for 4 months is $144. I usually turn one back on for March/April turkey season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom