Camping and me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a youngster I loved camping.

Nowadays my idea of Roughing It is a Holiday Inn that doesn't have room service.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
8D9C30D8-82B7-4733-8B96-F15A63D03E54.jpeg
Tent camping is the Rockys is the only way to go. It ain’t always warm when we hunt elk or mule deer. So we added a buddy heater and a stove. I’m too old to freeze and sleep on the ground anymore. This tent is used at least once every year for the last 7. We camp for 7-10 days at a time. It’s work to set up and take down but I would not have it any other way.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is a buddy heater, does that mean you snuggle with your hunting buddy? Unless she is Alex Zedra or Kirsten Joy Weiss, no thanks. :rollingla Then again, they would both out shoot me!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is a buddy heater, does that mean you snuggle with your hunting buddy? Unless she is Alex Zedra or Kirsten Joy Weiss, no thanks. :rollingla Then again, they would both out shoot me!

The two "buddy heaters" are pretty similar.
The one you're talking about asphyxiates you during the night after eating all those gas station hot dogs driving to the Rockies.
The actual propane buddy heater asphyxiates you during the night with carbon monoxide.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when we were tent camping I built a camping box out of plywood to fit on the tailgate or the picnic table. 4' X 4' X 12" deep.
It contained pots/pans, utensils, etc. Each side folded down and had linoleum tile for a work surface to hold the camp stove or prep food on.
Worked out really well to keep camping stuff only in. Wife and I could easily lift and move where ever it was convenient to set up.
Avoided a lot of the packing, unpacking, etc. associated with tent camping.
I did the same thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom