Campus Carry Bills 2017?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh. Reminds me of a story I once read. Guy was carrying a 1911, and the MRI magnet did, in fact, pull it out of the holster and cause it to discharge. It sounds like a fantastic tale, one meant to cover up a negligent discharge, but the evidence supported no other conclusion: there was a discharge, but the spent casing was left in the chamber. The safety (which, for those not familiar with the 1911, prevents the slide from moving) was found to still be engaged, so the only explanation was the gun had struck (something) muzzle-first, causing the (inertial) firing pin to move forward and strike the primer; the round fired, but because the safety blocked any motion of the slide, the spent casing was not extracted and no new round chambered.
One of my colleagues does fMRI studies, and she has so many great stories. None with guns, but those magnets are so powerful that a gun would be big problem!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did an article for the TCC paper on this. It's not going to happen any time soon. The regents are totally against the idea. I can't imagine the sea change that would need to occur for this to pass here. The system we've got (secured in certain motor vehicles, and special permission to carry on campus) is going to stay in place for now.

Never write off the possibility - No one thought the Berlin Wall was coming down anytime soon either.

Repeat after me, "Campus Carry is legal in Texas and they are having no problems. Why can't we do it here??"

Latest posts

Top Bottom