Campus Carry - real data from TX @ 1-year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/09/26/one-year-campus-carry-texas-campuses-many-problems/

With a full year of the Lone Star State’s new campus carry law in the rear view, the University of North Texas has little trouble to report.

Officials with the public research university in Denton, with a 2016 enrollment of nearly 38,000 students, explained to local media that the once-controversial new law trimming gun free zones at state-funded colleges and universities for those with a carry permit hasn’t changed life on campus.

“We have had no incidents since the law passed or since the law went into effect of criminal acts by license-to-carry holders,” UNT Police Chief Ed Reynolds told the Denton Record-Chronicle. “We have had cases that involved weapons on campus, but the individuals that were carrying were not license-to-carry holders.”

The Record-Chronicle found similar results at Texas Woman’s University, another public university in Denton with an enrollment of 15,000.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Unfortunately, we have to put up with one more legislative session with Boren holding their gonads so forward progress is unlikely.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was living in TX when the whole Open Carry hoorah was happening, people acting like having people OC'ing would turn the state into the wild west with shootouts and such. Now, its passed, and I've not heard of one such shootout. Still have to pass the background check and take the class to OC, not like it was Constitutional Carry.

On the subject of Campus Carry...people were acting like kids would be allowed to carry, that suddenly you didnt have to be of a certain age to obtain a concealed carry license. Ignorance is all it was.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont even think it happened like that back in the timeframe they are thinking of. I think its mostly a thing of the movies and such.
My dad is a Western era aficionado. Besides historic gun fights like the OK Corral and the Lincoln County War, a lot of that was few and far between. Problem was, when there was one, it was pretty epic. Dime store novels didn't help any either. Neither did sensationalist local news papers.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My dad is a Western era aficionado. Besides historic gun fights like the OK Corral and the Lincoln County War, a lot of that was few and far between. Problem was, when there was one, it was pretty epic. Dime store novels didn't help any either. Neither did sensationalist local news papers.

Sounds like nothing much has changed !!:cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom