Can #2 suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that some of these “solvent trap kits” have removable end caps. Has anyone done a Form-1 and attempted to register one as a “multi” caliber or listed more than one caliber on their form?

If the end that fits on the end of the barrel is 1/2 x 28, it wouldn’t take much for a machinist to make the opposite end caps with threads and exit holes for other calibears.

You submit the form 1 based on the largest caliber used. If you're considering a form 1 can I would highly recommend the XRT rimfire can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Rimfire for the first dedicated. What is your “jack of all trades” can?

It doesn’t take a high end can to make .22 sound good from a bolt action rifle. If you want small/light, semiauto performance, or .22 WMR/5.7 capability is when you might need to step up a budget.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an SRD22x as well, great little cans. If you're okay with the form 4 wait, that would be a great option. If you don't want to wait on a Form 4, seriously check out the XRT can - it won't save you any money to go that route, but it will save you time if you want to shoot sooner.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You submit the form 1 based on the largest caliber used. If you're considering a form 1 can I would highly recommend the XRT rimfire can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I already have a .22 can. Since the appearance of these kits, I’ve been throwing around the idea of a .45 can with the ability to shoot smaller calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom