Can for 556 AND 22lr. ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If quick disconnect means able to remove by hand then yes.

Then you'll need to stick with one of the major manufacturers (AAC, SilencerCo/SWR, Liberty, YHM, Gemtech, SureFire). HTA does not currently offer a QD mount. Most of the smaller manufacturers sell thread on cans with some offering different inserts with various thread pitches.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom on the SBR is 15 oz.

Okay, but the 5.56 QD is 12 oz. He never said he was looking for a 7.62 suppressor, though that is what I would recommend. You don't lose much suppression when shooting 5.56 through a 7.62, just a little weight and length. I would get a 7.62 can instead of a 5.56.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, but the 5.56 QD is 12 oz. He never said he was looking for a 7.62 suppressor, though that is what I would recommend. You don't lose much suppression when shooting 5.56 through a 7.62, just a little weight and length. I would get a 7.62 can instead of a 5.56.

Exactly.

Boomerdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7.62 is my next can. I'll use it on my M1A and my 5.56 Stag Arms M-4. Know just need to find someone who has what I want in stock. Any recommendations on the 7.62? Love the Sparrow .22.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would recommend the AAC SDN-6 or SWR 7.62 SpecWar. After that, take a look at the YHM Stainless or Titanium. If you want to try out the SDN6 in OKC, send me a PM.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would recommend the AAC SDN-6 or SWR 7.62 SpecWar. After that, take a look at the YHM Stainless or Titanium. If you want to try out the SDN6 in OKC, send me a PM.

I'd like to hear it too. It was my first choice when I was preparing to buy my .30 caliber can. Unfortunately it was backordered everywhere I looked for up to six months (as was the Phantom Ti) but I found one Ti in stock and I liked the idea of it coming with the mount instead of having to buy it separately. I'd be interested in bringing the Phantom to a range at the same time you have your AAC there so I can do a side-by-side comparison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom