Can I ask for advice on pricing an AR-15?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope I'm not violating a protocol, I'm going to list this in the classifieds as soon as I can figure out a reasonable asking price, but I have no idea and could really use some advice.

This is a GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII. I assume it is .223/5.56 because that's the ammo that was with it but it doesn't actually say anywhere that I can see (probably under the handguard, but I'd rather not remove it unless necessary). I'm helping a friend sell off some of his collection, so I don't know anything about its origins.

These are apparently made/sold by a company in Tulsa near 71st/Lewis (Home of the CAV-15 MKII Rifle | GWACS Armory | AR-15 Lower Receivers). It has a polymer lower receiver which supposedly reduces weight. It's not new condition... there is a little wear on some of the blued surfaces like pins, etc. but not by any means beat up. There are a couple of scuff marks that you can see in the picture. I have four magazines for it that are loaded with ammo in a pouch/carrier, I haven't counted it yet but probably 120 rounds and I will include that with rifle. The scope is a Truglo, but doesn't have any model number or markings. I don't think it's anything special, seems like a fixed 4x probably.

The manufacturers current offering is somewhat different but has a similar polymer lower receiver, but without the fixed buttstock, listed new at $750. I don't find this specific model on their website now, but I'm notorious for overlooking stuff. I found one that sold on gunsamerica.com for $750 but can't find a date on the ad so not sure when or how long ago that was. They show stripped receivers but I don't find complete rifles on the CAV-15 receivers. I doubt this one was built by my friends son, because he was always critical of "frankenguns". But I'm not certain.

It seems like good quality, I'm thinking $600 ish? But I can't find any good historical data on what they sell for. You can PM suggestions to me if you'd rather, or post here. I appreciate any info. I am not looking for bids (again, I'll post a classified ad eventually), just looking for advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1524 (2).jpg
    IMG_1524 (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1525 (2).jpg
    IMG_1525 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

Firemedic712

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold a lot of ARs, as well as most of these fellas, they aren't leading you astray. Poly ARs (all ARs really) are difficult to sell. I would go the trade route first if you're not wanting to lose too much $

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, GWACS is not particularly popular in some circles because they sued the makers of the WWSD (What Would Stoner Do) polymer AR. Ian at Forgotten Weapons and the dude from Runkle of the Bailey both had extensive coverage of the case. IIRC, GWACS lost the case just recently, but I haven’t really been following it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom