Can I Change My Opinion On Dongs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well been looking for a rifle in 357 Mag for a while now. Going through Armslist I noticed Dongs had some lever guns listed in 357 so today I made a quick run there to check them out. The guy that waited on me was a tall bald fellow. He was indifferent impatient rude with his tone of voice with every comment regarding my questions. He never once made eye contact either. More or less he seemed completely put out. I’ve always thought Monday’s were good days t shop as most folks have had all or part of a weekend to come down and refresh a bit. Guess it was much worse maybe like “the morning after the night before” X10!! Anyway I left feeling un wanted as a customer and believing firmly I’d not go back there !
My previous two purchase experiences at Dongs had been nothing like today

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Neckbeard and I were talking about this today. The place has a decent selection and decent prices but customer service absolutely sucks in my opinion. I’m surprised this is your first bad experience. The guy you speak of is the biggest ******* in the store. I’ve been there probably 8 or 10 times and have never left with the opinion that they had decent customer service.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand it sucks bad on more than one occasion. Won’t be going back. I discourage vehemently anyone I know from going there if they ask.

Terrible people involved with that place.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
You hear the stories about them having stuff on CL and then saying it was a misprint. The thing is they do on occasion have some really good prices. Also for reloading stuff. They have a ton of stuff and its usually better priced than 2A and sometimes Jerry's. I have had mixed results at Dong's. I never go there excited but if they have what I need in a pinch I will. As for the tall old bald guy. I don't recall ever seeing him in a good mood.

Flip side is WTH is up with 2As prices? I have seen their online prices been $20 to $100 cheaper vs instore. I am pricing a couple guns today called them up after seeing the good price on their website. Want to see how long to get items and verify cost. She was $80 higher on the phone. I asked her why is that. She fumbled around and said oh your better off ordering on our site if you want the best price. Shaking my head over that deal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between Jerry's, Sportsworld, Action, 2A..... I'm good. There's nothing Dong's has that they don't.

30Luger

Marksman
Reaction score
img251.imageshack.us_img251_2231_dh000032.jpg

This is a proper dong

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes Dong's has something you need and you just have to hold your nose and go in. Certainly not my favorite place but they did have a Colt LE6920 in stock and that's what I was looking for at the time. Nobody else had one. Their cash price on a Glock 19 is $35 cheaper than most anyone else and way cheaper than Academy.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You hear the stories about them having stuff on CL and then saying it was a misprint. The thing is they do on occasion have some really good prices. Also for reloading stuff. They have a ton of stuff and its usually better priced than 2A and sometimes Jerry's. I have had mixed results at Dong's. I never go there excited but if they have what I need in a pinch I will. As for the tall old bald guy. I don't recall ever seeing him in a good mood.

Flip side is WTH is up with 2As prices? I have seen their online prices been $20 to $100 cheaper vs instore. I am pricing a couple guns today called them up after seeing the good price on their website. Want to see how long to get items and verify cost. She was $80 higher on the phone. I asked her why is that. She fumbled around and said oh your better off ordering on our site if you want the best price. Shaking my head over that deal.

I've never purchased a firearm online, so my comment is merely speculation. It may be that you are getting a cheaper price because you would be getting the firearm that THEY want to send you. If one is in the store and looking at the actual firearm that they want, then they aren't likely to "switch" the guns.

There are certain things that I insist on buying brand new, unless I know the previous owner VERY WELL and how they handle their product. I once purchased a full-frame DSLR camera that was supposed to have less than 10,000 images taken. In reality, the camera had less than 9000 images taken, but I later found out that the camera malfunctioned when the temperatures outside got up over 80 degrees. Thus, my interest in buying anything expensive and used is gone.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here's my question. I've shopped through all the stores in the Tulsa area and some in the OKC area everyone talks about. I don't remember having terrible service or anything exceptional either. I can't imagine the OK shooting community is terrible large so, over the years you'd think either the owners or employees or at least good friends of Dongs and Rijas would have been members of OSA or have heard from fairly close friends or family that people hate shopping at their stores. Do you think they know and just don't care or are they really that ignorant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom