can I send a lower I already have off to become a SBR lower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 9mm spikes gun that I would like to SBR. Can I send the lower I have off to get it turned into a SBR? or do I have to buy another one and go from there?

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome, Who do you guys recommend for the engraving? And where can I pick up a form 1 at? is there a file I can download from the BATF website or something. can I still shoot the gun in the meantime?

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You bet you can shoot the gun in the meantime, just DO NOT have the SBR upper until after your Form 1 gets back.

Only shoot it as a legal length (more than 16") rifle or put a pistol buffer on it until you get the approved form 1 back. Also, only go the pistol route if it's never been used as a rifle (had a buttstock mounted to it).

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only shoot it as a legal length (more than 16") rifle or put a pistol buffer on it until you get the approved form 1 back. Also, only go the pistol route if it's never been used as a rifle (had a buttstock mounted to it).

Thanks guys,

I meant at the 16" length in the meantime. appreciate the info.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, only go the pistol route if it's never been used as a rifle (had a buttstock mounted to it).

What if the reciever was sold as "other" then it shouldnt matter should it? I could see if you bought it as a rifle but as "other" arent you able to do whatever you want. How would the Feds know what i used it as. I could be wrong thats why Im asking

Latest posts

Top Bottom