can I send a lower I already have off to become a SBR lower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if the reciever was sold as "other" then it shouldnt matter should it? I could see if you bought it as a rifle but as "other" arent you able to do whatever you want. How would the Feds know what i used it as. I could be wrong thats why Im asking

No, how the receiver was sold has nothing to do with the pistol vs rifle thing. Any receiver, even if it was sold and marked as a pistol, cannot be made into a pistol after having a stock put on it.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to be a huge douche, but I was not impressed with my engraving from them. To the OP, I can send you pictures of mine so you have an idea of what to expect.

As long as it is neat and legal how great does it have to be? They did my brothers and it looked fine. Juno did mine and it looks about the same.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If its on my lower, I want it to be flawless.

I respect that. It's usually a lot of money spent and a half ass job would just piss people off. To me. its just a tool. As long as it is legal and neat, Im happy. I just wanted others who have the same opinions as me know that just because PEN did not like B&H does not mean that they are total crap

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, how the receiver was sold has nothing to do with the pistol vs rifle thing. Any receiver, even if it was sold and marked as a pistol, cannot be made into a pistol after having a stock put on it.

Do you know where i can find this law online. Not that I dont belive you I would just like to read it myself. Thanks

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know where i can find this law online. Not that I dont belive you I would just like to read it myself. Thanks

Here are 2 ATF letters on the subject if that helps.

ai36.tinypic.com_2cdy6bc.jpg

ai37.tinypic.com_2dinc42.jpg

ai37.tinypic.com_6p54xe.jpg

ai462.photobucket.com_albums_qq344_quiet_wolf_BATFEletterpistolrifle1.jpg

ai462.photobucket.com_albums_qq344_quiet_wolf_BATFEletterpistolrifle2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom