Can I stop wearing a mask after getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ill be first in line to to get it.

As anyone who directly interacts with patients should be . . . I don't. I'm a chief information officer and handle IT security. But I'm still expected to maintain my vaccinations just in case I have to visit one of our facilities or respond to a public health emergency in some capacity.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It’s a risk/reward deal. The risk of a vaccine side effect is statistically less than getting the illness by far. It’s not even close. People die from penicillin allergy’s all the time. But penicillin has saved millions upon millions of lives. You are not trading equal risks. You are trading a minute risk for a huge lifesaving drug.

Yeah, well, hardly consider a 99.99% survival rate a risk.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your numbers. But pretty much every vaccine side effect risk is lower than that, so you wanna compare? You brought it up.

It's not just the chances, it's the "side-effects" themselves... For many, living life freely and facing COVID head on, is more appealing and less risky than taking a vaccine that could paralyze your face or cause a myriad of other problems that COVID does not.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just the chances, it's the "side-effects" themselves... For many, living life freely and facing COVID head on, is more appealing and less risky than taking a vaccine that could paralyze your face or cause a myriad of other problems that COVID does not.

Well, risk of death from COVID is higher than risk of even moderate (much less severe) side effects from any vaccine. So... again - it's straight numbers. It's also your choice, but disingenuously intimating that the COVID vaccine (or ANY vaccine) is worse risk than the illness is incorrect and misleading.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reported numbers I see in a quick Google search show 1.78% mortality rate in the US, 2.28% mortality rate worldwide.

I don't know of any vaccine (other North Korea's or China's, lol) with anything approaching a serious complication rate like that, much less a mortality rate like that.

But as always, you are free to believe what you want - numbers be damned. Just like Democrats and their war on guns.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best info I have been able to glean is that a person with COVID is about three times more likely die than a person infected with the Flu. I'll be in line to get the vaccine. I trust the scientists who produced and tested it for efficacy and safety....I know I'm stupid in that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom