Can or Intermediate range Ar upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YHM 7.62 QD or SPRish AR upper

• YHM 7.62 QD

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • SPRish upper

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thinking about what the next project will be.

would you get a YHM 7.62 can that would go on my M1A and SBR with a quick disconnect.
or
an intermediate range SPRish upper (18" ,bi-pod, optics, muzzle break)

keep in mind im military and may someday have to move to a non-nfa friendly state and ill already have to reconfigure my sbr to a "normal" configuration.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That 7.62 can could work on a 5.56 too... I'm just sayin'. Ya know, if you don't have one already. Oh and as for military even if you go to a NFA friendly state Silencer you don't have to do paperwork to move across state lines everything else you do. The Silencer can also be put into a safety deposit box or secured in someway (small safe or lock box) and left with a friend or family member if you go someplace unfriendly.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you cant run it on that sbr. 10.5 is min recommended barrel length for a suppressor.

I'm not calling you a liar by any means, but for the life of me where does this number come from?? I've looked all over YHM's website and didn't see this anywhere. Now having said that, I can see where the heat and pressure coming off a 7.5" bbl is intense enough to cause some pitting on my muzzle break. However the YHM is full auto rated and is designed to deal with the heat/ pressure factor.

Attachments

• sbr-brake.jpg
    sbr-brake.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 171

01whtcobra

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bullet is not able to get stabilized with a 7.5 barrel. Going from 0-3100fps takes a little room to stabilize in a barrel. You are more prone to have a can strike with a 7.5. Now you are going to use a 7.62 can on a 5.56 rifle so I don't know what that does to the chances of a can strike. Obviously the 5.56 rd has a little more wiggle room in there because of the size diff, but if it were me I wouldn't risk my suppressor. Have you noticed how much that 7.5 barrel walks around on your target compared to any longer barreled AR?

9mm uppers on a AR platform are obviously different because of the velocity that they are running. They don't take as much length to stabilize as a rifle rd.

I imagine you are buying from the Major( Lt. Col now i believe)? Ask him

Latest posts

Top Bottom