Can see barrel through scope??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just noticed this on my Buckmark Carbine...you can see the barrel when looking through the scope. I've only shot it once or twice, but I suppose you CAN get scopes too low for their own good? It points well...but some of the lower field of view is obscured.
Its a Leupold 1-4 on it. Taller "rings" or just deal with it?

buckmark carbine.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Load the image in a graphics program (paint, photoshop, etc.) and draw a line straight through the scope past the end of the barrel. Then draw a line straight though the barrel's center.

If the lines aren't parallel (or wider at the barrel end), that's the problem. I've never heard of a scope showing the barrel, and some almost have the front touching the barrel.

But maybe it's just me. :drunk2:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It plinks fine, I havent really shot for groups but I had the rifle and scope so just tossed 'em together. I didnt even notice the barrel when shooting it but I got it out for a photo and peeked through the scope and thought "what the heck?"

As far as not uncommon on the 1x scopes....I've only got two rifles with those and the other is an AR which has a scope that sits much higher over the bore. I'll have to see if its still visible at 4x.

Latest posts

Top Bottom