Can Someone Please Explain This To Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems like people do that crap everywhere.
i watch craigslist for certain things and people are always asking what i could go buy it new for, if you really want to sell it price it right at least.
(its funny as it seems like craigslist is notorious for people thinking that even their junk is worth a lot).
better yet, price it to sell.
(yeah, i get it; they are willing to come down).
i sold my bike and priced it to sell, not gonna play games. here is what ill sell it for, now lets get it sold.

if you're looking to get the most you can and have all the time in the world; then go for it.

if you really gotta sell as bad as you cry in your add about needing to sell them put a real price on it.

i dont even bother sending them a message/offer....

one guy on a computer forum had a computer up for sale, i posted a link in his thread to the same one, new, with a better os from the retailer, with a better price.
"oh, i paid x amount." he says.
who cares? its used and you are trying to sell it. pull your head out.

I agree with most of what you say.

I see that at gun shows a lot. I know many do not go to gun shows just for that reason. And I did not want to get that started.

Sometimes I will price a weapon close to what I paid for it whole sale, which is below what a dealer can get it for just to make room for more that are coming in. The people in my island are working right and left with customers buying that weapon because they know it is a great deal. Then I will have a couple of guys come up and start trying to Haggle the price telling me that they see it for sale all the time for a lower price or by another vendor at a lower price. I just smile and say don't waste your time with me. They have the better deal. You will find people like that everywhere, that is just part of life.

Like people have said before you do not have to buy the gun, just walk away. Don't be upset, no harm done. If the prices that they are selling the weapon for is to high it will not sell, it will sit with them, or they will bring it to a gun store and you will hear later about how that store gave them so little for thier gun. And how bad that gun store is for doing so.

Like the poster said, so many times people that buy new weapons want close to what they paid for that weapon. They put on all the stuff and what what they paid for all that too.

When people bring a weapon into me and ask me how to market it. I tell them to take off all the stuff they put on it. Sell the weapon as stock at a fair price for a used weapon. Then sell each item by its self as used parts.

People are also surprised when they do not get as much for a weapon or they have a hard time selling a weapon that is put together with several different parts compaired to a weapon that has one name on it. The reason is because you have to find a buyer that knows about all the cool things you built your weapon with, and finding those buyers is not that easy.

I hope I have not opened up a new can or worms. If so, You will find me on Arms List, listing another used weapon for more than it is worth! Just kidding, or am I? Lighten up people.. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom