Can we discuss buying Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every investment expert that I know or read about says gold and silver is one of the poorest investment strategies you can get in to.
I quickly browsed the markets on them and see them on a decline with little hope of recovery.
Yet the radio and TV have all the hawkers touting the returns while they continue to fall in price.
Why would anyone buy them?

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every investment expert that I know or read about says gold and silver is one of the poorest investment strategies you can get in to.
I quickly browsed the markets on them and see them on a decline with little hope of recovery.
Yet the radio and TV have all the hawkers touting the returns while they continue to fall in price.
Why would anyone buy them?

Gold/silver are not investments...they're a hedge against inflation.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gold/silver are not investments...they're a hedge against inflation.

I agree with this in principle. However, we are in a period of inflation and the prices of gold and silver are dropping in value as compared to the US dollar. As the dollar strengthens against other currencies, even while we are seeing inflation, the price of gold drops. The gold price seems to be aligned more with panic than intrinsic or inherent value.

upload_2018-8-16_7-28-0.png

As compared to wheat prices.
upload_2018-8-16_7-30-28.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom