Can we get rid of bounty hunters now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean really. They have no purpose that I can see. Im surprised there weren't more killed after the Texas stunt. Most are as bad if not worse than the people they're "hunting". That was cute trying to identify as "federal agents". Just a bunch of low IQ cop wanna bes...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like a lot of other things, laws would have to be changed. IIRC, they get their "authority" from federal laws that probably date back to the old west.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like a lot of other things, laws would have to be changed. IIRC, they get their "authority" from federal laws that probably date back to the old west.

No laws would have to be changed to target folks like the guys involved in the recent Texas incident...from what I've read it appears they were operating outside their legal capacity.

Certainly gives an actual professional folks a bad look.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see the need if in the Bail Bond business. I have a good friend that owns a bail bond place and he frequently goes and brings in the accused. Chases them all over, doesn't carry a gun and is 71 years old. I think the public perception is build on TV and news reports, in actuality, Bounty Hunters do a service that the Peace Officers simply don't have the time for unless the perp is a really bad guy or gal, then they are on 'em for other reasons.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should've shot him when he first presented the gun.

They shouldn't have even been there according to preliminary reports.

Reporting says Texas only allows licensed private investigators to perform "bounty hunter" work. Neither of these guys were holders of a current investigator license.

They were commissioned security officers and are required to wear a uniform specified under Texas law (visible company name and employee name etc...) and may only perform security work for their employer.

These guys reportedly identified themselves as federal agents to the dealership while they waited for the bond jumper to show up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom