Can we talk about Bob Macy and his aids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My statement was made based on the first quote above.
And mine was to correct - expand on my point.
Now that we have gotten past the obvious for you, 125 is the "approximate" number of men put to death who were innocent and Gilcrest was involved with ALL of them. I'm not mainly talking about Macy.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, technically, I guess you are correct. I know nothing about nor have I ever heard about Macy and Gilcrest so I guess I really could care less about them. Did they do wrong by a bunch of Okies and are they responsible for putting them to death with "faulty" evidence? IDK. If the general concensus is that they did have bad evidence to convict and put to death 100+ people then I have a question for you. Were the men that were put to death fully innocent and convicted of crimes they didn't commit or were they guilty of the crimes and Macy and Glicrest used some fabricated evidence to get them into the death chamber where they would otherwise received LWOP or something similar?

I would have a hard time believing that 100+ men were completely innocent of all the crimes they were accused of and put to death by the two in question. Usually when men are pulled off death row it isn't because they are totally innocent but because a small part/detail of the conviction was overturned putting them back in general population for life.

So the state should be free to flat-out FABRICATE evidence in criminal trials?
I'm sure you're just kidding.

You probably think that the state isn't competent to fix a pot hole.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And mine was to correct - expand on my point.
Now that we have gotten past the obvious for you, 125 is the "approximate" number of men put to death who were innocent and Gilcrest was involved with ALL of them. I'm not mainly talking about Macy.

From a post following your post about 125:

That list has 112 names of those in Oklahoma executed between 1976 and today. That would include prosecutions in all the counties in Oklahoma, not just Oklahoma County. When was Gilchrist working in her lab capacity?

And, for a bit more on Gilchrist, there is this article.

Time Magazine on Joyce Gilchrist

Now, I've provided some evidence contrary to your statements, so now show us evidence for your statements.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a post following your post about 125:

That list has 112 names of those in Oklahoma executed between 1976 and today. That would include prosecutions in all the counties in Oklahoma, not just Oklahoma County. When was Gilchrist working in her lab capacity?

And, for a bit more on Gilchrist, there is this article.

Time Magazine on Joyce Gilchrist

Now, I've provided some evidence contrary to your statements, so now show us evidence for your statements.
Wiki, is a good source that even I can rewrite LOL
I watched the documetary Terry. I dont have time to split hairs with you anymore.
Gilcrest was connected to more than OK forensics. She was a consultant to other cases.
I'm sure your on the hunt to discredit that statement as well. Does it matter?
You wanna just hear me say your right and I'm wrong with my "approximate" number. I said that repeatedly so no one would take it literally as THE number. But again...The obvious.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I believe, IIRC, the number I"m thinking of includes men not yet executed, but were sentenced to death.
I cant recall for sure, it was 10 years ago or so and shes dead and has been exposed.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, technically, I guess you are correct. I know nothing about nor have I ever heard about Macy and Gilcrest so I guess I really could care less about them. Did they do wrong by a bunch of Okies and are they responsible for putting them to death with "faulty" evidence? IDK. If the general concensus is that they did have bad evidence to convict and put to death 100+ people then I have a question for you. Were the men that were put to death fully innocent and convicted of crimes they didn't commit or were they guilty of the crimes and Macy and Glicrest used some fabricated evidence to get them into the death chamber where they would otherwise received LWOP or something similar?

I would have a hard time believing that 100+ men were completely innocent of all the crimes they were accused of and put to death by the two in question. Usually when men are pulled off death row it isn't because they are totally innocent but because a small part/detail of the conviction was overturned putting them back in general population for life.

Thanks for looking at what Macy and Gilcrest did to the people they served.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So RickN says Macy and Gilcrist are just flawed humans. Whatever to that. What about the folks that remain?

My point is that yes they sent up some innocent, but also many guilty. Some good and some bad. What I want to know, did Macy KNOW she was falsify evidence or was a nice scapegoat because the anti-death penalty crowd hated him? Really I do not know so would like it if someone could link facts either way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom