Can you waterfowl/dove hunt in city limits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All depends on city ordinance regarding the discharge of firearms. Many cities allow archery, but not firearms. Some don't even allow archery though...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most city ordinances, even small incorporated cities, ban the discharge firearms within city limits. Often it comes with a hefty fine.
Best call your city hall or police chief before trying it.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best dove hunt I've had was a few years ago in the open field on the north side of Quail Springs Mall. The planted crop was not harvested and left for some reason. The doves were swarming that field. After 20 minutes of shooting and nearly limited out, we had the police stop by for a "visit". The officer talked with us and determined we were not causing any problems and told us to go ahead. As the officer was walking back to his car, he turned around and asked if he could hunt here as well. I said "sure, I have no idea who owns the place but it is not fenced and not posted". I don't know if he ever hunted that field but I hope he did.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best dove hunt I've had was a few years ago in the open field on the north side of Quail Springs Mall. The planted crop was not harvested and left for some reason. The doves were swarming that field. After 20 minutes of shooting and nearly limited out, we had the police stop by for a "visit". The officer talked with us and determined we were not causing any problems and told us to go ahead. As the officer was walking back to his car, he turned around and asked if he could hunt here as well. I said "sure, I have no idea who owns the place but it is not fenced and not posted". I don't know if he ever hunted that field but I hope he did.
that's kinda why I asked, saw a bunch of people goose hunting on covell and penn. last year or the year before kfor had a story about people duck hunting in I think far sw okc, neighbors complained but the guys were far enough away from te houses.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap like this is why it's nearly impossible to get land owner permission anymore. Guys like you who think they can just hunt wherever they want are ruining it for people like myself and others who will actually find out who owns the land and go ask them face to face for permission only to have them say no because they're tired of idiots trespassing on their land. I really wish there were stiffer penalties for trespassing and hunting illegally.

You all that are landowners correct me if I'm wrong. I hate to rant like this but crap you can't just go hunt wherever you want. That's stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom