Can you waterfowl/dove hunt in city limits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me. The sign was painted, said 'Private Property.' But on the backside, it didn't say nothing. This land was made for you and me."
If Poland had put up a sign (Private Property on both sides), WWII may have had a different outcome.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, no cattle were on the property we hunted, there were no residences on the property we hunted, and there was only an abandoned crop in a field destined for commercial use. Therefore, you are comparing apples and oranges with your comments. And, I agree - we should get owner permission to hunt or fish property but this case seemed like an anomaly. Frankly, leased hunting rights or owned land is the only way to go anymore.

I think we have derailed this thread enough. The OP wanted to know about hunting within city limits. I provided an example where it was allowed by law enforcement.
You just don't get it. Apples to oranges and an anomaly?? Is it your land or did you get permission? No and No. Pretty straight forward and black and white to me.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You just don't get it. Apples to oranges and an anomaly?? Is it your land or did you get permission? No and No. Pretty straight forward and black and white to me.

Nope. I don't get it. This thread needs to go back to the OP. Stop derailing the thread.

By the way, some areas of life are in the "gray".

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. I don't get it. This thread needs to go back to the OP. Stop derailing the thread.

By the way, some areas of life are in the "gray".

There's no gray in trespassing, as there isn't any "unowned" land, anywhere. Somebody or some entity owns it. Some entities make it public. This wasn't public as there was a crop.

Landowner Permission
Hunters must obtain permission to enter any posted or occupied land or land primarily devoted to farming, ranching or forestry purposes. Nothing in this guide shall be interpreted as permitting hunting or allowing access into any area, public or private, without permission from the owners or custodian as required by law. All persons are prohibited from entering land owned by another without permission for the sole purpose of retrieving domestic livestock or other animals. Consent is not valid for more than one year, unless the owner, lessee, or occupant specifically grants consent for a specified period of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom