Canada customs sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from guns, I also do Hotwheels....and sometimes ya gotta order from across the border to get what you want.

I just recieved one from Spain, that took a detour around the US. Its path was: Spain>Cincinnati>Orlando>Miami>Cincinnati>Dallas>Tulsa. Took all of two days via DHL from Spain to Tulsa even with the detour across the US.

Now I'm waiting on something from Canada, and its been sitting in customs for 4 days. Took two days to get from the seller to Customs...will be in Customs for who knows how long, then a few more days to get to me afterwards.

I'm also waiting for one from England...I am willing to bet it will take less time to get here once its shipped than the one from Canada did, which makes no sense.

I've also heard plenty of horror stories of Canada Customs opening packages to "check contents" and them being damaged, partial contents "misplaced", transferred from a box to mailer envelope, etc. All thanks to our friendly neighbor to the north.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I thought you passed through Customs entering a country, but you are saying that Canada checks items leaving the country? I would think it would be US Customs?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canada requires you to declare what is in the package, quantity and value. Sometimes they open stuff to verify it is what you say it is (content and qty at least, not sure how they could verify value). Also, shipping something to someone in Canada, they must pay an import tax based on declared value.
I only have this happen when stuff goes to/comes from Canada, so I dont see it being a US issue. I've shipped and received Hotwheels from all over the world and Canada border crossing is a pain.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant argue that haha. Its more paranoia that something bad is going to happen to the product while in Customs than anything. A $5 item being damaged by some jackwagon is one thing...but a $500 or more item is cause for extra concern.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, I did some work in Montreal at a warehouse our company operated. I wanted to send a gift to the manager. She had told me about her hobby of collecting cowbells, so I found an old one that had some local history attached. Packaged it and mailed it through normal mail, only to have it returned by Canadian customs because it violated some regulation about historical artifacts. Solved the problem by packing it in my luggage next time I had to go to that warehouse.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they are a PITA shipping back and forth is a pain. Sent a buddy of mine a hat my wife brought back from montecarlo took 5 weeks. They are ass Jack's. Went to my mom's memorial the border guard gave me the runaround. Had the nerve to ask why my wife didn't go none of his business. I could go on but

Latest posts

Top Bottom