Canadian Range is under new management.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked 50 miles from me but I have a friend @O4L on this side (east) of the city that I don't think I'd have any problem getting to come with me. Get the shotgun lanes fixed up and we'll come see ya!
I haven't been out there in years since the original management ran the place. I'm glad to hear that it is under new management and policies are being changed. I used to frequent this range regularly, especially for the 100 yards lanes. I'll be seeing you soon. @bigred1, you can count me in if your wanting to shoot with a fellow OSA'er out there.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hit the range this afternoon. It's been probably 6 years since I've been out there. Met Ryan today and he showed me the clubhouse and range. Place looks really nice and doesn't reak of smoke anymore. I had the pistol range to myself, so that was awesome. Rules are pretty straight forward and I can respect that. Gave me a stapler, chamber flag (only had one weapon to shoot today) and my lane neck lanyard.

Forgot how nice it was to shoot outdoors. No one was shooting a damn AR 3 feet from my head. Nice breeze. Even asked me if I wanted to keep my brass. Said I could if I wanted to. I was shooting 9mm, so I donated it to the range.

Overall, very pleasant day. I will be back. It's just a shame I live 40 minutes away. If he decides to make a membership, I may opt in.

Thanks Ryan!

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, I went out there for years when the old guy was running it and now it sounds like you'll spend more time clearing your chamber and putting a flag in it than actually shooting it. When its busy people are always wanting to go down range and check targets because they don't bring a spotting scope.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, I went out there for years when the old guy was running it and now it sounds like you'll spend more time clearing your chamber and putting a flag in it than actually shooting it. When its busy people are always wanting to go down range and check targets because they don't bring a spotting scope.

Nahhhhh. I think it's certainly worth a trip out to see for myself. I don't really see how clearing my chamber and sticking a flag in it is gonna slow me down much to be honest. I'm usually not in a big hurry anyway. Might be busy on the weekends but give our new owner there time to sort it all out. I think he probably has a little bit of time on an outdoor range too, given who he is related to, so I'm all for giving it a shot.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daughter and I went out there in November to sight her rifle in before season. It was packed. Never waited more than a couple of minutes to shoot or check targets. It really ran pretty smooth...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom