Canadian Sniper Hit A Target More Than 2 Miles Away, Military Confirms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would guess that thorough POL (pattern of life) Intelligence gathering that the Target was known to be at a certain location at a certain time daily. The target dwell time was known as were the atmospherics and surface bend/contour data. One hell of a shot for sure. Glad that man is on our side!!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the perp sitting in an outhouse? 10+ seconds is a long time to get the target to sit still for bullet travel time..
The article isn't entirely accurate. Flight time would be right around 7.8 seconds. Could have been standing or siting anywhere. It also says they had to calculate for the curvature of the earth. Well, you have to calculate for your inclination but I think they were trying to say that you have to calculate for the Coriolis effect. In any case, it's a great shot. My new rifle should be able to do it with some frequency.

The difference in vertical correction at that distance when shooting due East vs. due West, at my current latitude is 177"!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom