CANCEL Oil Cap USPSA Jan 10th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the expected Artic-like +1 temps at set-up and likely only 15-20 degrees at match walk-thru it's just too cold to have fun safely. I am canceling Oil Capital's Jan 10th USPSA match for safety reasons. The potential for frostbite or hazardous gun handling errors is just too great.

Oil Capital's roads, parking lots and ranges are nearly clear and are suitable for use. The Diesel equipment to move props started fine for me about noon. Unfortunately I didn't last 15 minutes out in the 19 degree cold today, warm attire and all. It will be 20 degrees cooler at set-up time on Sunday.

We'll do a warm weather dance for our next match, Sunday February 14th.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't wanted to shoot at all these past 2 weeks in this weather, just too miserable. Good call Jack, there's just not much fun to be had at these temps and drawing from arctic cover will be quite difficult if not unsafe.
I can't wait to shoot something, just give us some 40's!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll do a warm weather dance for our next match, Sunday February 14th.

Um, Valentine's Day? I can see it now...

"I hope you like your new gift, honey. Now, I'm going to the match, if you don't mind?"

[Five minutes later] "Hello - hey dude, I better skip coming to the match today. No, the diamond earrings didn't do the trick, and I also need to go to the ER for some stitches in my scalp..."

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

"I hope you like your new gift, honey. Now, I'm going to the match, if you don't mind?"

[Five minutes later] "Hello - hey dude, I better skip coming to the match today. No, the diamond earrings didn't do the trick, and I also need to go to the ER for some stitches in my scalp..."

My wife hates me so I may be able to go. But I am not holding my breath on this one.....

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

. . .

When your regular shooting date is the 2nd Sunday, bumping into Valentine's Day happens every so many years. Occasionally we bump into Easter Sunday.

It is just the way the calendar falls.

To keep the shooters out of trouble back at the house, we run quicker stages on those holiday times. You will be done to get home early.

Latest posts

Top Bottom