Cancer Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cancer sucks.

My Nephew just passed away from Cancer. He was a member here, but I didn't know that until a few months ago. I can't recall his screen name, and out of respect to his immediate family I won't post any other details about him or his surviving family.

Cancer sucks. I don't know how else to say it.

Oddly enough, cancer does not run in our family, as it does in some families. Apparently, his cancer was caused by something else.

My heart always goes out to those who have cancer and their families as well. It's awful.

And, also oddly enough, I never really knew anyone closely who had cancer. I'm old enough now to be signing up soon for Medicare and Social Security, and in all my years I just didn't really know someone with cancer. Sure, I had acquaintances with cancer, but no close friends with it, and I had co-workers who had cancer, but not a single one that I was related by blood or was very close friends or family with had cancer, so I never really was especially affected by such.

Having said that, my best friend passed away a little over 2 years ago from cancer. When he got it, he was told he had 4 months, and sure enough, it was right at 4 months before he passed. It was rough, it was awful, my heart went out to him for the pain and suffering and the disappointment of what was a promising future and upcoming retirement that he did not get to have.

Right now, I have a female relative battling breast cancer, and fortunately it seems that she has beaten it and will survive, but goodness gracious the treatment she has had to endure is no cake walk, it's brutal.

And, I have a female friend who has cancer, and as I understand it, there is no cure. She has 4 children. My heart is broken for her and her family too.

And, while I'm at it, Dementia sucks too. My ex passed way from Dementia a few years ago, the same as her Mother had Dementia and passed away years before her, and her Father passed from Cancer.

To close this, for many years I've wondered about Dying. It's going to happen to each of us, of course. I have asked this question to myself and to quite a few people over the years: "Which is better, to die quickly, instantly, without pain and suffering? Or is it better to die slowly, so that you may have time to make your final arrangements, get your affairs in order, and time to say goodbye to those you Love?"

I believe there is no right or wrong answer to that question. Perhaps somewhere in the middle, I don't know.

Hold your family and friends close, forgive those who have done you wrong, ask for forgiveness, get your heart set to the Heavenly Father and Trust Him for your Eternal Salvation.

Life is short, Life is precious.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

My mother and 2 of my sisters have all had breast cancer. Luckily my mother and one sister beat it. So far that is all of my family that has. One friend also had cancer and beat it while another did not. Of caught early enough most forms can be beaten nowadays. Sadly not all because there are so many types and so many things that can cause it. Personally I am surprised I never got it with as long as I smoked and working around harmful chemicals, etc.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, cancer is rough however it presents itself. The only good thing about it is that a lot of forms are treatable, and some very successfully treatable. Even in my lifetime, a cancer diagnosis used to pretty much be a notification that you are dieing.

But there have never been any guarantees that you'll live a long and happy life, try to make the time you have now meaningful. It might be all the time you have, and there are a lot of things that could interrupt the normal lifespan besides cancer.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went back to Va. a few months ago. On the way we stopped at a town where one of my best friends lived. I tried to call him without any luck. So, I called his ex-wife in Georgia to find out cancer had got him. I knew he had it but, nobody knew how to contact us to let us know he had passed away.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A dear friend got diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer after having a blockage fixed. Doc gave her 6 months to live.
She microdosed cannabis, juiced microgreens, ate alot of sweet potatos, honey and tumeric together.
9 months later her cancer was in remission, that was in 2019.
She died at age 84 in late 2021from congestive heart failure but not cancer.
She bought herself a couple years with her natural treatment

Latest posts

Top Bottom