Cancer Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the language I used. Everyone bears their own cross. I just like to fling mine around for everyone to see, and that's not acceptable.
Bad days are really bad days but I've got it better than most. I just lose sight of being a man and what that means, from time to time
Apologies

Okiemhodge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cancer sucks.

My Nephew just passed away from Cancer. He was a member here, but I didn't know that until a few months ago. I can't recall his screen name, and out of respect to his immediate family I won't post any other details about him or his surviving family.

Cancer sucks. I don't know how else to say it.

Oddly enough, cancer does not run in our family, as it does in some families. Apparently, his cancer was caused by something else.

My heart always goes out to those who have cancer and their families as well. It's awful.

And, also oddly enough, I never really knew anyone closely who had cancer. I'm old enough now to be signing up soon for Medicare and Social Security, and in all my years I just didn't really know someone with cancer. Sure, I had acquaintances with cancer, but no close friends with it, and I had co-workers who had cancer, but not a single one that I was related by blood or was very close friends or family with had cancer, so I never really was especially affected by such.

Having said that, my best friend passed away a little over 2 years ago from cancer. When he got it, he was told he had 4 months, and sure enough, it was right at 4 months before he passed. It was rough, it was awful, my heart went out to him for the pain and suffering and the disappointment of what was a promising future and upcoming retirement that he did not get to have.

Right now, I have a female relative battling breast cancer, and fortunately it seems that she has beaten it and will survive, but goodness gracious the treatment she has had to endure is no cake walk, it's brutal.

And, I have a female friend who has cancer, and as I understand it, there is no cure. She has 4 children. My heart is broken for her and her family too.

And, while I'm at it, Dementia sucks too. My ex passed way from Dementia a few years ago, the same as her Mother had Dementia and passed away years before her, and her Father passed from Cancer.

To close this, for many years I've wondered about Dying. It's going to happen to each of us, of course. I have asked this question to myself and to quite a few people over the years: "Which is better, to die quickly, instantly, without pain and suffering? Or is it better to die slowly, so that you may have time to make your final arrangements, get your affairs in order, and time to say goodbye to those you Love?"

I believe there is no right or wrong answer to that question. Perhaps somewhere in the middle, I don't know.

Hold your family and friends close, forgive those who have done you wrong, ask for forgiveness, get your heart set to the Heavenly Father and Trust Him for your Eternal Salvation.

Life is short, Life is precious.
Thank you for posting this. I am battling the dreadful disease myself. First in my family also. God bless you and your family.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I am battling the dreadful disease myself. First in my family also. God bless you and your family.
Isn't it WEIRD, they can come up with a supposed CURE in a very short time for COVID but they can't for cancer, or event the Common Cold.
Our Son came down with a very rare cancer at the age of 28. Since it was a rare type he was able to get on Ginny Pig Trials. He/we had to pay for all transportation cost, but treatments were free. Took him to Kansas City, KS where they removed 25 pounds of tumors. The doctors told us 6 weeks to 6 months at most. He made it 18 months. That was 14 years ago last Nov. 1st. He left behind 2 sons ages 2 & 4. Neither one really remembers him now. The oldest one has a few memories when he looks at some pictures, but not alot!
The hears of parents never heal, and my wife can't seem to move on. The shrink only gives her more pills and does not seem to get through to her.
He was such a great dad and always put his sons first. And I have to admit it, He was a better dad than I was.
I was a long haul trucker with college, and got kicked out of Hi School (class of 69) for kissing my EX wife in the hall on Valentines Day. But then calling the principal A low down SOB did not help my case. Any way, I was never home to take him hunting & fishing like my dad did with me!
Well I apologized to him and he told me that as a father I had to do what I had to do to feed, cloth and shelter him and his older sister. And he understood once he became a dad!
He taught himself computers from my hand me downs. By the time he was in Hi School, he knew more than the teachers did even in building them from scratch. Same with websites he created on his on.
At the age of 21 he transferred from a contractors position on the army base to a GS 12 and became the boss of his old civilian boss. Well I could go on, I guess you have get how proud I was of him, and if the Lord would have only let me trade places without a hesitation. So we who have watched this knows how others feel.
I know they all would want each and everyone to move on and enjoy life as we will meet again. God Bless to all!

Okiemhodge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it WEIRD, they can come up with a supposed CURE in a very short time for COVID but they can't for cancer, or event the Common Cold.
Our Son came down with a very rare cancer at the age of 28. Since it was a rare type he was able to get on Ginny Pig Trials. He/we had to pay for all transportation cost, but treatments were free. Took him to Kansas City, KS where they removed 25 pounds of tumors. The doctors told us 6 weeks to 6 months at most. He made it 18 months. That was 14 years ago last Nov. 1st. He left behind 2 sons ages 2 & 4. Neither one really remembers him now. The oldest one has a few memories when he looks at some pictures, but not alot!
The hears of parents never heal, and my wife can't seem to move on. The shrink only gives her more pills and does not seem to get through to her.
He was such a great dad and always put his sons first. And I have to admit it, He was a better dad than I was.
I was a long haul trucker with college, and got kicked out of Hi School (class of 69) for kissing my EX wife in the hall on Valentines Day. But then calling the principal A low down SOB did not help my case. Any way, I was never home to take him hunting & fishing like my dad did with me!
Well I apologized to him and he told me that as a father I had to do what I had to do to feed, cloth and shelter him and his older sister. And he understood once he became a dad!
He taught himself computers from my hand me downs. By the time he was in Hi School, he knew more than the teachers did even in building them from scratch. Same with websites he created on his on.
At the age of 21 he transferred from a contractors position on the army base to a GS 12 and became the boss of his old civilian boss. Well I could go on, I guess you have get how proud I was of him, and if the Lord would have only let me trade places without a hesitation. So we who have watched this knows how others feel.
I know they all would want each and everyone to move on and enjoy life as we will meet again. God Bless to all!
I don't even know what to say. Thank you for sharing this. I was told that I had cancer on March the first then my 81 year old mother died in a car crash on the 2nd. My world went from good to bad that fast. I will have you and your family in my prayers. Thank you so much for the reply. Keep the faith, God is great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom