Cancer update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I used to take Safeguard like you do. But I try to take it 7 days a week nowadays (when I remember to). With the tumor in my trachea. No, I didn't have a feeding tube. I dad no soreness in my throat or mouth at all. The treatments would make me a little bit weak. But not bad. I wish I could remember the type of radiation I had that time. I don't believe it was IMRT like the kind they did on my lungs because there were a lot more treatments and the tumor in my trachea was larger. But like the IMRT it was a pin-point treatment, all computer controlled, and based off a program that's built from a CT scan. It takes a couple of weeks for the technicians to build that program. Before a treatment the machine always takes a quick CT scan of the area to be treated. That way they can see the exact area to treat because the tumor is changing a little everyday as it shrinks. The machine also lines up every time to 2 little pin-point tattoos they put on my chest and side. The technician would lay that days CT scan over the original CT the computer program was built from and when my radiology oncologist approved the treatment, it would start. In all, everything took about 10-15 minutes a day. I never felt a thing. Those treatments were 5 days a week. I believe I had 33 in all. One thing I've come believe from what I've experienced and from what others have told me is that not all cancer facilities have the same treatment to offer and sometimes it might not be the most modern and up to date treatment you might find elsewhere. If you have any more questions, just ask. I'm definitely no expert but I've been through a few things. I know how personal the decisions you have to make are. One thing to keep in mind, if you think at all you need a second opinion, get one!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers going out, I just read this thread and I feel for you. I didnt have cancer but I met death face to face 2 times with some other issues in 2017 and 2018 and I was ready to be done after an 11 month downhill slide. I made a full recovery and I know you can as well. Never give up hope in the Lord Jesus.
God Speed brother.

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers going out, I just read this thread and I feel for you. I didnt have cancer but I met death face to face 2 times with some other issues in 2017 and 2018 and I was ready to be done after an 11 month downhill slide. I made a full recovery and I know you can as well. Never give up hope in the Lord Jesus.
God Speed brother.
Exactly CHenry. I believe with all my being in the power of prayer. I, like you and so many others are a testimony to that power!!!!!!!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to take Safeguard like you do. But I try to take it 7 days a week nowadays (when I remember to). With the tumor in my trachea. No, I didn't have a feeding tube. I dad no soreness in my throat or mouth at all. The treatments would make me a little bit weak. But not bad. I wish I could remember the type of radiation I had that time. I don't believe it was IMRT like the kind they did on my lungs because there were a lot more treatments and the tumor in my trachea was larger. But like the IMRT it was a pin-point treatment, all computer controlled, and based off a program that's built from a CT scan. It takes a couple of weeks for the technicians to build that program. Before a treatment the machine always takes a quick CT scan of the area to be treated. That way they can see the exact area to treat because the tumor is changing a little everyday as it shrinks. The machine also lines up every time to 2 little pin-point tattoos they put on my chest and side. The technician would lay that days CT scan over the original CT the computer program was built from and when my radiology oncologist approved the treatment, it would start. In all, everything took about 10-15 minutes a day. I never felt a thing. Those treatments were 5 days a week. I believe I had 33 in all. One thing I've come believe from what I've experienced and from what others have told me is that not all cancer facilities have the same treatment to offer and sometimes it might not be the most modern and up to date treatment you might find elsewhere. If you have any more questions, just ask. I'm definitely no expert but I've been through a few things. I know how personal the decisions you have to make are. One thing to keep in mind, if you think at all you need a second opinion, get one!
Imrt is what they want me to do and what they say will burn me so bad.I switched doctors based on a second opinion but mostly because I liked the new one better but she told me basically the same thing the first one did

Latest posts

Top Bottom