Cancer update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okiemhodge is battling cancer now also
I'm not cancer free ,but my cancer has become inactive last test (9/29) next test in Feb. my Doctors say it's not a matter of getting well but a matter of how long it takes to kill me and right now it's slowed. BTW despite what the Doctors say I believe God can heal me completely so anytime anyone wants to pray for me please do

I think you can count on prayers from a number of us here.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hoping for the best! There is an Okie that had cancer and took Pancur C with is treatment and he was the only on that survived from his clinical trial, you can check out his story here Get Busy Living
Joe Tippens is his name and I'm on his protocol and believe it is the reason my cancer has become dormant and I believe Gods hand lead me to the protocol

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
@saddlebum I missed the thread was a resurrection and freaked out thinking your cancer was active again. Glad to realize it’s not, but you will be back on my regular prayer list.

@Okiemhodge Don’t scare us like that! I hate to hear you are battling cancer too, and will be praying for you also.

Like so many others here I have lost someone dear to me. My father passed from cancer almost ten years ago. That was a very raw very rough time of my life. My heart hurts for both of you and your families and friends.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@saddlebum I missed the thread was a resurrection and freaked out thinking your cancer was active again. Glad to realize it’s not, but you will be back on my regular prayer list.

@Okiemhodge Don’t scare us like that! I hate to hear you are battling cancer too, and will be praying for you also.

Like so many others here I have lost someone dear to me. My father passed from cancer almost ten years ago. That was a very raw very rough time of my life. My heart hurts for both of you and your families and friends.
I did not notice it was resurrected. I thought it was a new post. I guess I should start checking the dates. Still yet, I continue to pray for Saddlebum. And I’ll also pray for @Okiemhodge too. Cancer sure does suck. My grandma and grandpa on my moms side both died from it. My 42 year old cousin is battling brain cancer as we speak. He is doing proton therapy. So far he is making it. They had to remove one tumor already and he had another one. So if y’all could remember him and his family also I sure would appreciate it. His name is Kevin. He has three little kids and a wife. I know you said it’s been ten years since your dad passed but I still want to say I am so sorry for it. I know it still has to hurt alot. My parents are getting up there in age and it kills me to think about them being gone.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not notice it was resurrected. I thought it was a new post. I guess I should start checking the dates. Still yet, I continue to pray for Saddlebum. And I’ll also pray for @Okiemhodge too. Cancer sure does suck. My grandma and grandpa on my moms side both died from it. My 42 year old cousin is battling brain cancer as we speak. He is doing proton therapy. So far he is making it. They had to remove one tumor already and he had another one. So if y’all could remember him and his family also I sure would appreciate it. His name is Kevin. He has three little kids and a wife. I know you said it’s been ten years since your dad passed but I still want to say I am so sorry for it. I know it still has to hurt alot. My parents are getting up there in age and it kills me to think about them being gone.
absolutely will pray for Kevin

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Well , had an appointment with radiation oncology yesterday and it's not good news. looks like there are signs indicating some residual cancer. they recommend external beam radiation therapy, 5 days a week for 6.5 weeks . after learning what the procedure is and the side effects ,including a feeding tube because my throat would be too burned to swallow I Think I'm going to forego the treatment and take my chances. Big Thanks to all who have prayed for me and wished me well and please keep me in your prayers going forward
Saddlebum, I don't know what your circumstances are and if any of my information can be of any help to you, but I will give you a run down of what I've been through and where I'm currently at today. Hopefully it might give you some options. I will be 64 next month. And like an idiot, I was a smoker for 40 years. After coughing up blood in February of 2018 I was diagnosed at Mercy Hospital North with stage 2 non small cell lung cancer. I had a 33mm tumor in my upper right lobe and also cancer cells in a lymph node next to the tumor. After a bronchoscopy and a PET scan I was told by a pulmonologist that I was not a candidate for surgery. My oncologist (Dr. Kurkjian) at the Colletta Cancer Center at Mercy disagreed with the pulmonologist. At that time, (and I would imagine still to this day) the Colletta Center oncologist and the surgeons from Mercy and the Oklahoma Heart Hospital met weekly to discuss new cancer patients, their diagnosis, and the best possible treatment plan for them. So it wasn't one or two doctors deciding what they believed you should do, but a whole team of oncologist and surgeons. I was informed by my oncologist that it was decided that I was a candidate for surgery as long as a biopsy of the 4 lymph nodes on the outside of my lungs were clear of cancer cells. My thoracic surgeon (Dr. Garrett) at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital performed the biopsy and the lymph nodes were clear. Just a note about Dr. Garrett. He performs around 250 lung operations a year alone, not including all the other thoracic surgeries he performs. On May of 2018 I underwent surgery to remove my upper right lobe of lung. After removing that section Dr. Garrett did a visual check of all of my remaining lung on both sides and found 3 more tumors in the bottom right lobe that the PET scan missed because they were to small for the scan to see. He did a biopsy of them and sent them to the lab while I was still out and they came back positive for cancer so he removed part of my lower right lobe at that time. I was so glad the scan missed them and he found them because as you might know they don't do surgery on anything past stage 2 and those other 3 tumors put me at stage 3. That also meant they wanted me to do chemo since they couldn't isolate and remove that whole lower lobe and me still have enough lung capacity. My surgeon wouldn't let my oncologist start chemo until 8 weeks after surgery because he said it could screw up everything he had done. I underwent 8 weeks of 2 different types of chemo which I really don't think did a thing for me. But I was blessed in the fact that it really didn't make me sick and I was able to keep working in our septic pumping business with the help of my wife. I continued to get scans every quarter which showed me to be clear but in 2019 I had a seizure where I lost consciousness and it turned out my cancer had metastasized and I had a tumor in my airway, a small 1/4 inch brain tumor, and another brain tumor about 3/4 of an inch. The larger brain tumor is what caused the siezure. My oncologist immediately set me up with my radiology oncologist (Dr. Morrison) also of the Colletta Center. She and my neurosurgeon at Mercy (Dr. Friedman). They collaborated on surgery to remove the larger tumor and the post surgery Gamma Knife (one time) radiation treatment of the bed where the larger tumor was (so it wouldn't return) and the existing small tumor. They zapped both of those spots and within a year (looking at my scans) you couldn't tell I ever had a brain tumor. Now back to the tumor they found in my airway. I underwent 33 radiation treatments for that tumor which were a form of pin-point radiation, but I can't remember the name of it. It also was successful in eliminating that tumor with little noticeable side effects. In 2020, a Pet scan showed I had 4 new small tumors in my lungs (2 on each side). They kept a close eye on them for almost a year doing CT scans every month and a half to check for growth, and PET scans still every quarter to check for contrast uptake because for awhile the spots didn't show for sure that they were cancerous. After it was deemed that they were I underwent 8 IMRT radiation treatments (again with Dr. Morrison). IMRT is like a gamma knife for the body. You should research it and see if it can be an option too. It's all done off of a computer generated program that is built to treat the 3-D shape of the tumor without damaging surrounding tissue. It can shoot up to around 80 beams at one time from different angles which do not release any energy until they hit the tumor all at exactly the same time. Those treatments killed those 4 tumors without any noticeable side effects. It is mainly used on smaller tumors from what I understand. You do lose tissue where the tumor is but not the surrounding area. I did get another small 1/4" brain tumor about a year ago that they zapped with the gamma knife and now it's just a faint spot of scar tissue looking at an MRI. I have really not had any bad side effects from radiation as far as I can tell. Thanks to God, great doctors, and many people who pray for me every day I have now been clear for around a year. One time I told my radiology oncologist that I used to think of radiation treatments as "the devil" and she laughed and said yes at one time it was. But it's so advanced these days. I can't say enough good things about my doctors at Mercy and the Heart hospital. They are first class physicians that truly care about you. They watch things closely and don't put you off and make you wait for treatments you need. I am a candidate for imunotherapy but like I told my oncologist I don't see any reason to do it until I have to because it can either help you, make you worse, or possibly kill you. I have COPD as well so I don't breathe all that great anyway. I do take supplements that are good to fight cancer. One thing I do that I choose not to tell my doctors is that I take fenbendazole which is an animal wormer that has been proven to fight or even cure cancer in humans. Doctors will tell you there's no evidence it works, but cancer is such a money making business it won't ever be thoroughly researched. Fenbedazole is cheap and it was originally patented as a wormer so it can't be patented again for anything else. In turn, there's no money in it for doctors to use it for cancer. Search Joe Tippens cancer story and protocol. He grew up in Weatherford, Ok. and his protocol is used worldwide. I have no way of really knowing if it helps me, but hey I'm still here, and many people who were told they had only a short time to live and started taking it are still here also. Also something I don't do but I should is to keep my body alkaline. My wife who has had non Hodgkins lymphoma does it. She very rarely ever gets sick with anything. A german scientist (Otto Warburg) proved back in the 1930's that any disease cannot live in an alkaline environment. He won a Nobel peace prize for that discovery but you'll never hear any doctor talk about it. My wife never eats anything with sugar which feeds cancer and helps to make your body acidic. She's eats strictly Keto. No carbs which turn to sugar. And she drinks lots of lemon water and puts apple cider vineger with "the mother" in it. You can drink too much lemon water and it make you acidic too so you have to watch that. She checks her PH everyday with those PH strips. She's very dedicated to eating right to avoid cancer. I should be more like her. I apologize for being so long winded. But I know to some extent what you're going through and I hope something I've said might help you or others in some way. Take care, and I pray the best for you. Cass Howerton

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saddlebum, I don't know what your circumstances are and if any of my information can be of any help to you, but I will give you a run down of what I've been through and where I'm currently at today. Hopefully it might give you some options. I will be 64 next month. And like an idiot, I was a smoker for 40 years. After coughing up blood in February of 2018 I was diagnosed at Mercy Hospital North with stage 2 non small cell lung cancer. I had a 33mm tumor in my upper right lobe and also cancer cells in a lymph node next to the tumor. After a bronchoscopy and a PET scan I was told by a pulmonologist that I was not a candidate for surgery. My oncologist (Dr. Kurkjian) at the Colletta Cancer Center at Mercy disagreed with the pulmonologist. At that time, (and I would imagine still to this day) the Colletta Center oncologist and the surgeons from Mercy and the Oklahoma Heart Hospital met weekly to discuss new cancer patients, their diagnosis, and the best possible treatment plan for them. So it wasn't one or two doctors deciding what they believed you should do, but a whole team of oncologist and surgeons. I was informed by my oncologist that it was decided that I was a candidate for surgery as long as a biopsy of the 4 lymph nodes on the outside of my lungs were clear of cancer cells. My thoracic surgeon (Dr. Garrett) at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital performed the biopsy and the lymph nodes were clear. Just a note about Dr. Garrett. He performs around 250 lung operations a year alone, not including all the other thoracic surgeries he performs. On May of 2018 I underwent surgery to remove my upper right lobe of lung. After removing that section Dr. Garrett did a visual check of all of my remaining lung on both sides and found 3 more tumors in the bottom right lobe that the PET scan missed because they were to small for the scan to see. He did a biopsy of them and sent them to the lab while I was still out and they came back positive for cancer so he removed part of my lower right lobe at that time. I was so glad the scan missed them and he found them because as you might know they don't do surgery on anything past stage 2 and those other 3 tumors put me at stage 3. That also meant they wanted me to do chemo since they couldn't isolate and remove that whole lower lobe and me still have enough lung capacity. My surgeon wouldn't let my oncologist start chemo until 8 weeks after surgery because he said it could screw up everything he had done. I underwent 8 weeks of 2 different types of chemo which I really don't think did a thing for me. But I was blessed in the fact that it really didn't make me sick and I was able to keep working in our septic pumping business with the help of my wife. I continued to get scans every quarter which showed me to be clear but in 2019 I had a seizure where I lost consciousness and it turned out my cancer had metastasized and I had a tumor in my airway, a small 1/4 inch brain tumor, and another brain tumor about 3/4 of an inch. The larger brain tumor is what caused the siezure. My oncologist immediately set me up with my radiology oncologist (Dr. Morrison) also of the Colletta Center. She and my neurosurgeon at Mercy (Dr. Friedman). They collaborated on surgery to remove the larger tumor and the post surgery Gamma Knife (one time) radiation treatment of the bed where the larger tumor was (so it wouldn't return) and the existing small tumor. They zapped both of those spots and within a year (looking at my scans) you couldn't tell I ever had a brain tumor. Now back to the tumor they found in my airway. I underwent 33 radiation treatments for that tumor which were a form of pin-point radiation, but I can't remember the name of it. It also was successful in eliminating that tumor with little noticeable side effects. In 2020, a Pet scan showed I had 4 new small tumors in my lungs (2 on each side). They kept a close eye on them for almost a year doing CT scans every month and a half to check for growth, and PET scans still every quarter to check for contrast uptake because for awhile the spots didn't show for sure that they were cancerous. After it was deemed that they were I underwent 8 IMRT radiation treatments (again with Dr. Morrison). IMRT is like a gamma knife for the body. You should research it and see if it can be an option too. It's all done off of a computer generated program that is built to treat the 3-D shape of the tumor without damaging surrounding tissue. It can shoot up to around 80 beams at one time from different angles which do not release any energy until they hit the tumor all at exactly the same time. Those treatments killed those 4 tumors without any noticeable side effects. It is mainly used on smaller tumors from what I understand. You do lose tissue where the tumor is but not the surrounding area. I did get another small 1/4" brain tumor about a year ago that they zapped with the gamma knife and now it's just a faint spot of scar tissue looking at an MRI. I have really not had any bad side effects from radiation as far as I can tell. Thanks to God, great doctors, and many people who pray for me every day I have now been clear for around a year. One time I told my radiology oncologist that I used to think of radiation treatments as "the devil" and she laughed and said yes at one time it was. But it's so advanced these days. I can't say enough good things about my doctors at Mercy and the Heart hospital. They are first class physicians that truly care about you. They watch things closely and don't put you off and make you wait for treatments you need. I am a candidate for imunotherapy but like I told my oncologist I don't see any reason to do it until I have to because it can either help you, make you worse, or possibly kill you. I have COPD as well so I don't breathe all that great anyway. I do take supplements that are good to fight cancer. One thing I do that I choose not to tell my doctors is that I take fenbendazole which is an animal wormer that has been proven to fight or even cure cancer in humans. Doctors will tell you there's no evidence it works, but cancer is such a money making business it won't ever be thoroughly researched. Fenbedazole is cheap and it was originally patented as a wormer so it can't be patented again for anything else. In turn, there's no money in it for doctors to use it for cancer. Search Joe Tippens cancer story and protocol. He grew up in Weatherford, Ok. and his protocol is used worldwide. I have no way of really knowing if it helps me, but hey I'm still here, and many people who were told they had only a short time to live and started taking it are still here also. Also something I don't do but I should is to keep my body alkaline. My wife who has had non Hodgkins lymphoma does it. She very rarely ever gets sick with anything. A german scientist (Otto Warburg) proved back in the 1930's that any disease cannot live in an alkaline environment. He won a Nobel peace prize for that discovery but you'll never hear any doctor talk about it. My wife never eats anything with sugar which feeds cancer and helps to make your body acidic. She's eats strictly Keto. No carbs which turn to sugar. And she drinks lots of lemon water and puts apple cider vineger with "the mother" in it. You can drink too much lemon water and it make you acidic too so you have to watch that. She checks her PH everyday with those PH strips. She's very dedicated to eating right to avoid cancer. I should be more like her. I apologize for being so long winded. But I know to some extent what you're going through and I hope something I've said might help you or others in some way. Take care, and I pray the best for you. Cass Howerton
I take safeguard fenbendazole 222mg 3 days on 4 days off. did you have to have a feeding tube ? my radiation oncologist and endocrinologist both said my throat would be so burned I wouldn't be able to swallow even water and I would have sores in my mouth and my teeth will rot. the cancer is on my esophagus and trachea

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I take safeguard fenbendazole 222mg 3 days on 4 days off. did you have to have a feeding tube ? my radiation oncologist and endocrinologist both said my throat would be so burned I wouldn't be able to swallow even water and I would have sores in my mouth and my teeth will rot. the cancer is on my esophagus and trachea

Latest posts

Top Bottom