Cancer update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well , had an appointment with radiation oncology yesterday and it's not good news. looks like there are signs indicating some residual cancer. they recommend external beam radiation therapy, 5 days a week for 6.5 weeks . after learning what the procedure is and the side effects ,including a feeding tube because my throat would be too burned to swallow I Think I'm going to forego the treatment and take my chances. Big Thanks to all who have prayed for me and wished me well and please keep me in your prayers going forward
I highly recommend getting a second opinion on further treatment. There may be better options out there.

Prayers & best wishes in any case.
___

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very sorry to read! Do some research on alternative treatment. There could be other, less damaging approaches. Really hate Tulsa Cancer Treatment Center folded shop due to the faked pandemic (per capita death rate dropped per the cdc). Keep an eye for options.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saddlebum, that’s news no one wants. We’re just starting the journey with our daughter-in-Prayers for healing and strength, absolutely! If its the feeding tube - I’ve been up close and I wouldn’t hesitate. If its the side effects and quality-of-life stacked against the chances-of-success then that’s different. Hate that you are faced with the decision.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there saddlebum! You were the first guy to trade with many years ago when I was selling off a collection on Arms List, then you sat and told me about okshooters. Wish the best for you and your family through this.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well , had an appointment with radiation oncology yesterday and it's not good news. looks like there are signs indicating some residual cancer. they recommend external beam radiation therapy, 5 days a week for 6.5 weeks . after learning what the procedure is and the side effects ,including a feeding tube because my throat would be too burned to swallow I Think I'm going to forego the treatment and take my chances. Big Thanks to all who have prayed for me and wished me well and please keep me in your prayers going forward

I hate to hear about that.

Its a tough choice to make, but I think quality over quantity every time.

My best to you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

schwazche

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom