Canning Flats (lids)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also recommend the silver ball, Kerr lids. The gold ones rust easier. When screwing the band on, just tighten finger tight. If in doubt, place jar on smooth surface holding only the band and tighten till the jar spins.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in Wallys the other day and they had must just put a fresh flat of boxes of Ball regular mouth lids earlier in the day.

There was 15 boxes left from the 24 box flat. One of the boxes of lids was tore open some, so I left that one there and bought the other 14 boxes.

Last year I did over 60 jars, many of which the lids was previously used. Not one failed (Praise the Lord)!

I took this pic in Wallys December of 2020
8DB6810B-72FA-4D17-AC6B-8E68CBD124B0.jpeg

Thinking that the lid shortage was over, I did not buy any!

That was the last time I saw any lids in Wallys until Oct 19, 2021
892EE799-611A-417D-B31E-AF0FD1C920AE.jpeg

I saw some places online selling bulk sleeves of lids (flats) but they was raping everyone 40 cents per lid!

Really there is no reason a lid should cost any more than a dime a lid.

I have saw canned vegetables in the store this year for 49 cents a can!

Crazy!

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't screw around this. Google "bulk canning lids" and order enough to last several years, at least. It's the same good brand you normally buy, but you're getting a LOT in one batch. Buy'em cheap and stack'em deep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom