Canning potatoes for frying.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Pontiac and some huckleberry gold.
IMG_20220817_161231415.jpg

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@2busy
Do you can those taters for any specific reason?

Storage?
Special flavor?

Please elaborate!

I grow potatoes and am looking for a way to have some good potatoes in mid summer wile the fresh batch is growing, and the old batch is either gone (ate up) or got too nasty (rotten).

This year I tried boiling some peeled and cut up ones, cooling them off in the colander where they can drain too.

Then package them 2# to a bag and freeze them!

They are edible, but meh!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@2busy
Do you can those taters for any specific reason?

Storage?
Special flavor?

Please elaborate!

I grow potatoes and am looking for a way to have some good potatoes in mid summer wile the fresh batch is growing, and the old batch is either gone (ate up) or got too nasty (rotten).

This year I tried boiling some peeled and cut up ones, cooling them off in the colander where they can drain too.

Then package them 2# to a bag and freeze them!

They are edible, but meh!
Storage mostly as they do not keep well for me without a root cellar. Just trying to preserve them for multiple uses

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Storage mostly as they do not keep well for me without a root cellar. Just trying to preserve them for multiple uses
Understandable!

Potatoes like it cold for longitivity but dont like to freeze.

I once dug a row of potatoes. Left them lay in the field overnight not knowing we was going to have a good frost.

Well they froze enough on the top that they died and black juice oozed from the eyes! ☹️

Latest posts

Top Bottom