1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cans how loud ??

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Shriner, Jun 29, 2015.

1. bsmith918

bsmith918 Sharpshooter

If you had posted this earlier, I would have brought some to BA today and let you try them out. Get a .22 can first or you will likely be disappointed. Rifle and handgun cans are great, but a high performance rimfire can is amazing.

2. Driller

Driller Sharpshooter

I've been most impressed with my .22 can. With subsonic ammo, it is very quiet. With supersonic ammo, you still get a crack from the bullet.

My .30 can, an AAC Cyclone, has been great. With a 308 bolt gun, it is very quiet at the gun. No boom, but you still hear the bullet passing obstacles and targets down the range. I need any ear protection with the bolt gun, and it reduces the recoil on the bolt gun to a 223 AR range. The semi-auto's are a little louder at the gun and throw a bit of crap back into your face. Using this can on a 223 AR, it is quiet at the gun if you are shooting outside; if you are shooting from inside a building, you still need ear protection. The bullet is pretty loud going downrange. The .30 can with subsonic 300 Blackout is very quiet.

I have a .45 AAC Ti-Rant for my pistols. I was expecting to be very impressed with a .45 pistol, but not so much. Outside, it is fairly quiet at the gun. Inside, it rang my ears a bit. It was quieter on a .45 XDM than it was on a .45 1911. I tried wetting the suppressor down and it got very quiet for about 10 or 15 rounds. I adapted this can to a 300 Blackout and a 9mm AR pistol and it was pretty quiet on both guns. With what I know now, I wish I had spent the money on the pistol suppressor on another .30 rifle can instead.

None of the center fire rifles or pistols sound like the movies, lol.

3. Shriner

Shriner Sharpshooter

gebriel42-I have a meet in midwest city july 24 that nite ,I could stay over nite and hook up with you.

If I was to get a can I would want to run it on my Ar10 and the ar15 (5.56,300blk )and maybe 22lr, if I could find one can to cover all three (2.23/5.56,300blk,308 win )

4. elance

elance Sharpshooter

Shriner might think about saker in 7.62
    Elance

5. OKSpeedDemon

OKSpeedDemon Sharpshooter

6. Shriner

Shriner Sharpshooter

Ok who sells cans in Tulsa/broken arrow besides woodland sports and sports world ? L3 ?

7. Shriner

Shriner Sharpshooter

Well we can add Fatboys tec to the list of places to buy cans in Tulsa !!!! I stoped by there today and saw they have cans on hand .

8. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They do. Waiting on Keelty to get me a price on a YHM lightweight QD.... you listenin', K-Man???

9. Driller

Driller Sharpshooter

Fat Boys does. I've also heard of Bear Beams Firearms, but have never been there.

I bought mine at Sports World. They took care of the trust paperwork and had a pretty good selection when I purchased. Once I started spending some money at Sports World, the customer service improved quite a bit. No complaints.

10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

:thumbup3:

I'll bet! Hell... I was in there a few times and could barely get anyone to speak to me, EVER. I once bought a couple of holsters and after waiting I dunno how long standing in front of the cash register someone finally came over, rang it up, ran my CC and walked off - all without speaking a single word to me, except the total due. No hi, no thanks, no you're welcome, nothing.

But I can tell ya, the Fat Boys have gotten a SHITload of money out of me since then. ;)