Cans how loud ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hoping that by this time someone with a can would posted something about how loud or quite they are .

If you had posted this earlier, I would have brought some to BA today and let you try them out. Get a .22 can first or you will likely be disappointed. Rifle and handgun cans are great, but a high performance rimfire can is amazing.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been most impressed with my .22 can. With subsonic ammo, it is very quiet. With supersonic ammo, you still get a crack from the bullet.

My .30 can, an AAC Cyclone, has been great. With a 308 bolt gun, it is very quiet at the gun. No boom, but you still hear the bullet passing obstacles and targets down the range. I need any ear protection with the bolt gun, and it reduces the recoil on the bolt gun to a 223 AR range. The semi-auto's are a little louder at the gun and throw a bit of crap back into your face. Using this can on a 223 AR, it is quiet at the gun if you are shooting outside; if you are shooting from inside a building, you still need ear protection. The bullet is pretty loud going downrange. The .30 can with subsonic 300 Blackout is very quiet.

I have a .45 AAC Ti-Rant for my pistols. I was expecting to be very impressed with a .45 pistol, but not so much. Outside, it is fairly quiet at the gun. Inside, it rang my ears a bit. It was quieter on a .45 XDM than it was on a .45 1911. I tried wetting the suppressor down and it got very quiet for about 10 or 15 rounds. I adapted this can to a 300 Blackout and a 9mm AR pistol and it was pretty quiet on both guns. With what I know now, I wish I had spent the money on the pistol suppressor on another .30 rifle can instead.

None of the center fire rifles or pistols sound like the movies, lol.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gebriel42-I have a meet in midwest city july 24 that nite ,I could stay over nite and hook up with you.

If I was to get a can I would want to run it on my Ar10 and the ar15 (5.56,300blk )and maybe 22lr, if I could find one can to cover all three (2.23/5.56,300blk,308 win )

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok who sells cans in Tulsa/broken arrow besides woodland sports and sports world ? L3 ?

Fat Boys does. I've also heard of Bear Beams Firearms, but have never been there.

I bought mine at Sports World. They took care of the trust paperwork and had a pretty good selection when I purchased. Once I started spending some money at Sports World, the customer service improved quite a bit. No complaints.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fat Boys does. I've also heard of Bear Beams Firearms, but have never been there.

I bought mine at Sports World. They took care of the trust paperwork and had a pretty good selection when I purchased. Once I started spending some money at Sports World, the customer service improved quite a bit. No complaints.

:thumbup3:

I'll bet! Hell... I was in there a few times and could barely get anyone to speak to me, EVER. I once bought a couple of holsters and after waiting I dunno how long standing in front of the cash register someone finally came over, rang it up, ran my CC and walked off - all without speaking a single word to me, except the total due. No hi, no thanks, no you're welcome, nothing.

But I can tell ya, the Fat Boys have gotten a SHITload of money out of me since then. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom