Can't make it to the range often enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be interested. Wish there was a brick and mortar store so we could see this before purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one of those and use it frequently. I've decided you really just need the laser cartridge that goes in the chamber (you can buy that separately).
You can see where the dot lights up, so you can just pick a point on the wall and aim at that and see where the dot goes.
The app and target are just fluff stuff.

I've also tried using it to dial in my red dot sight but it didn't work. I adjusted my sight until it pointed right where the laser dot would hit, but when I got to the range it was off a bit, so I had to adjust the sight back like it was.
Now the laser dot hits about 2 inches off from where my sight is pointing at 7 yards, but when shooting the sight seems to be right.

I tried rotating the laser cartridge in the chamber, but it always hits in the same place.
Must just be the way I shoot, I guess.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The advantage I see is that quick little flash can be hard to see. Though I did kinda figure something out. The app is available for free and there are two other games you can purchase from within the app. You can print the targets for free from their site as well so all you really need is a stand for a phone and the target then the laser snap cap. A stand for the target and phone is simple enough.

@druryj I will probably pick one up at some point so if I do we can set something up so you can check it out.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've often thought about making something similar.

LEDs themselves can be used as weak photosensors, and it would be cool to have a board of LEDs where each one could sense the laser, then light itself up with a 555 (or cap or whatever) for a few seconds.

So many projects, so little time... :D

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had one for about a year and a half. They work great, makes it a lil more fun to dry fire. Pretty simple, laser hits the target and the phone sees it to score it.

Haven't messed with adding any other games. I usually run it a few times a week that or just run a few while I'm working at the computer at home. Nice lil break from work.

You turds are more than welcome to try mine anytime.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFL, well what I would really love is some dimensions and pictures. I have printed off the target already and was thinking about attaching it to some cardboard and adding something to make it stand up on it's own and basically do the same for my phone and also possibly make it so I can charge my phone at the same time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom