Can't Recommend One Or The Other

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10-22 Or S&W 15-22

• Ruger

• Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liked the 15-22 when I had it and it was very fun to shoot, but ended up selling it because of the versatility of the 10-22. Said versatility will be wasted on some people, so its preference.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not downplaying the S&W, they are light, accurate, and from what I've heard they are the best .22 rimfire AR platform rifle.
The Nordic NC-22 takes the lead in the .22 RF AR platform rifle.
I'm not bashing the S&W at all, it's a fine dependable rifle but when it comes to competition the Nordic is ruling the range.
BTW, I have two Ruger 10-22's that haven't seen a round shot out of them after getting the Nordic.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That and with the controls being identical it can be used for introduction or training. And while you can get conversion kits for a fill size AR to shoot 22 by the time you buy one you may as well spend a couple bucks more and have the dedicated platform with less hiccups to deal with. I know I would much rather take a new shooter to the range with my 15-22 for the first hundred rounds so that they are familiar with it and then let them have a few shots with the 223 after they are comfortable. A whole #311 of a lot cheaper too.

I actually am supposed to take someone who has never shot before in the next couple months when their schedule is conducive to making things happen.
Just about any old 22 rifle will work for training a newbie. IMHO an AR-15 is so much more fun to shoot that if your going to get something in the AR style go ahead get the .223/5.56 version.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1798.JPG

I really like my M&P15-22 Sport!! With 4 of the 25 round mags, you can do lots of shoot'n before having to reload.

Also have a Marlin Model 60, but the M&P is my go-to plinker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom