Captured!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That snakes gonna bite your a$$. That's just what they do!

But I too let the good ones go if at all possible, just relocated away from the house. I live in town but there's a field right behind my addition, when they wander in they get sent back. Haven't seen a poisonous one yet, but if I do I may be paying a citation for discharging a firearm in city limits. Prolly a 12ga...

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That snakes gonna bite your a$$. That's just what they do!

But I too let the good ones go if at all possible, just relocated away from the house. I live in town but there's a field right behind my addition, when they wander in they get sent back. Haven't seen a poisonous one yet, but if I do I may be paying a citation for discharging a firearm in city limits. Prolly a 12ga...

I don't see many venomous ones either. Man! There is one guy on here that does, though. It might be Farmer Byron, has copperheads all over his place. He posts pics of them. I don't see the prettier snakes here, like kings and corns. Just the drab colored rat and chicken snakes.

beautiful! Sure seems pretty docile too.

This one was as pet as a king snake. Never struck at me, just wanted to be held.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_2YLiw6L.jpg

Time to put him back in the chicken house. The temptation to keep him is very strong, but I know better.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The snake is in the chicken coop because he likes to eat eggs.
The snake is competing with you for food. Nobody but a daftnic would keep a snake around.
Give him to the zoo.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The snake is in the chicken coop because he likes to eat eggs.
The snake is competing with you for food. Nobody but a daftnic would keep a snake around.
Give him to the zoo.

I caught one bigger than this a few years ago out there in the chicken house. Same markings and drab coloring. He started regurgitating egg yolk, so I put him back down. Later, I caught him again and kept him a couple of years, but he wouldn't take the eggs anymore, he'd only eat feeder mice. Sometimes seven or eight of them. Ultimately, I put him back out there in the hen house. He would get loose in the house and wedge tightly in between things or get up into hard to access places and wrap himself in such a way as to make extraction very hard. Even boas and pythons can be hard to find if they want to be. Lizards are more my speed these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom