Captured!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The chicken yard and chicken house, where I keep finding the snake. The chicken yard is at least 1/2 an acre in size, and is fenced in with chicken wire to keep out dogs. They can't dig underneath on account of the wire being nailed into RR ties that are dug in. In 20 years, not one dog has gotten in there.

i.imgur.com_qnQsUwB.jpg

The flock grows smaller, because many of these birds are ten years old. I used to buy straight run, in increments of 100 chicks. I used to have many, but am down to less than 2 dozen. Possibly next year I will order more. I can't kill these because I don't have the heart to do it.

i.imgur.com_8jvj1U8.jpg

This is the inside of the chicken house where I find the snake, more often than not in the egg laying bins, searching for an egg. When I have a lot of young birds, these egg laying bins are filled with laying hens. Much to the delight of chicken snakes. I leave the paper sacks of feed on the floor, I don't have to worry about mice and rats because there are none. No rat droppings, no rodent holes chewed into the sacks of feed. The rat/chicken snakes eradicate them.

i.imgur.com_IRwuUOF.jpg

Edit: Because I keep a clean chicken house, I have very few flies. I use the droppings around the base of my trees I have planted out in the field.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom