Car holster for a Kia Soul

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a couple of those rare earth magnets (like the coin-sized ones) and Gorilla glue them to the underside of the dash. They are unobtrusive so your wife doesn't see them, but when you're driving, you can attach your firearm to them by the slide, or glue a second set to a holster and attach that. I know it doesn't sound solid enough to hold a firearm, but I've seen people do it, those magnets are really strong, and if you use 2-4 of them, I'll bet you can get a really solid mount. Google it and you'll see several tutorials.

Here's a bunch of YouTube videos -

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=magnet+gun+mount+car

I've thought about it, in my Tahoe I keep my Glock in the driver's door pocket, but I would like to move it. In my Z, it slides under the driver's seat, but it doesn't stay there if I am driving in a... spirited manner. :blush:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a couple of those rare earth magnets (like the coin-sized ones) and Gorilla glue them to the underside of the dash. They are unobtrusive so your wife doesn't see them, but when you're driving, you can attach your firearm to them by the slide, or glue a second set to a holster and attach that. I know it doesn't sound solid enough to hold a firearm, but I've seen people do it, those magnets are really strong, and if you use 2-4 of them, I'll bet you can get a really solid mount. Google it and you'll see several tutorials.

I've thought about it, in my Tahoe I keep my Glock in the driver's door pocket, but I would like to move it. In my Z, it slides under the driver's seat, but it doesn't stay there if I am driving in a... spirited manner. :blush:
240, 260, 280, 300, 350 or 370?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently this is a thing...
0a0ee5f72695f1ba177e8a60b1ae3b50.jpg

https://www.desantisholster.com/kingston-car-seat-holster/

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We only have one vehicle, and since happy wife = happy life, she got to pick. We're actually on our second Soul now. Anyway, there is very little room by the driver's seat to stash my handgun when driving long distances. The middle glove box pretty much behind the seats so would be awkward to draw from. I could put in the map pocket of the door but it sits low so would be awkward to cross draw. I know my wife will not let me attach a holster to the underside of the dash and the seat its right up against the center console. Any ideas before I decide to fab my own mount with just a kydex shell?
If I could come up with a single reason why a Soul would need a hand gun......but try this. Put it under your passenger seat. I'm sure you could rip the seat out with one hand in less time it would take to find you holstered gun and get it out.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sounds like a recipe for having a gun flying around the cabin in the event of a collision.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too lazy to link it, but they make an under steering wheel strap that has decent retention. You use your own belt holster and can ratchet it to the panel underneath the wheel. Idk what the interior of your car looks like but I’m sure it would work in most applications. There’s always cup holder holsters too.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a thigh-holster? You could rig a velcro closure for easy on/off (or make a small thigh-sized belt for an existing belt-mount holster - velcro or buckle).

Just a couple thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom