Car Moving Service?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a car moving service?

Car is in Houston needs to be in Ponca City, it is by no means a rush job, it has been at that shop for almost 2 years. :)

It would be simple if it could just be driven back, but unless a person is very familiar with high HP small cars it could wind up getting people hurt.

A enclosed trailer would be great but not necessary, just need to be able to load a low riding car.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to take the wife to Dallas on the 21st. I wouldn't mind extending down to Houston if it will help you out. A uhaul trailer and covering expenses and I would be good. Just let me know.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturn Sky Convertible, just under 800 HP at the wheels. Yes a lot of work has been done on it, and a standard, so getting around in a car that small and jumpy is not for the week hearted. :)

Oh, it is not mine my umm above average size does not fit in the thing.

I will relay this to the owner.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to take the wife to Dallas on the 21st. I wouldn't mind extending down to Houston if it will help you out. A uhaul trailer and covering expenses and I would be good. Just let me know.

I will tell the owner and see if he will even be off work before you need to go. Long hours on nightshift are killer to get stuff done.

He will also know if the silly thing can go up on a u-haul, it is rather low to the ground. I told him anything that low would be a pain, but do folks listen to me. lol To add to the mess of getting it on a trailer, it is so short that it high centers so easy it is not funny, sure not something a person trying to be helpful would want to be dealing with a car stuck half on a trailer. I may get upset and drag it home with the back dragging off the trailer. :)
I hope to hear from him tonight and will know then.

Thank You very much for even the offer.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saturn Sky Convertible, just under 800 HP at the wheels. Yes a lot of work has been done on it, and a standard, so getting around in a car that small and jumpy is not for the week hearted. :)

Oh, it is not mine my umm above average size does not fit in the thing.

I will relay this to the owner.

I had to google it. Never heard of one. The pictures say “steal me.”

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built 6 foot long ramps for my trailer just for these low to the ground cars.
And even then I must jack up the front of the trailer a bit to get them from bottoming out.

My son is always lowering his rides his MX5 just going down the highway would sometimes toss sparks from bottoming out
Our highways are not bump free. You learn where you can go in those low to earth vehicles.

2a3b18d4c50ed1c44ffc3ae786a6b250.jpg

My sons old car he traded off.
Yes he drifted it at some tracks as often as they had time to get to the gatherings.
Never had to put it on the trailer though.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually have a long set of ramps that would make it easier. Along with blocking and such I don't s4 ask issue. I used to do a ton of loading and unloading of odd vehicles many years ago. I am not too worried about it. And I could always get the front edge up on the ramps and the Jack the back end up and roll it forward a bit at a time if it comes to it.

Personally it wouldn't even bother me to drive back. Out off highschool I was driving a V8 Camaro with a 5 speed stick. Was driving around on snow and ice while in college in Kansas city as will. If I can survive that I'm not too worried about much else. Just gotta stay off the throttle. So that is an option Will. One way ticket is 200 from OKC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom