Car Moving Service?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to take the wife to Dallas on the 21st. I wouldn't mind extending down to Houston if it will help you out. A uhaul trailer and covering expenses and I would be good. Just let me know.

I spoke with him last night and he is NOT wanting anyone to risk injury getting it loaded. He said just what I was thinking. The car being so low and then so short the only way they could get in on the trailer to take it to the shop was to unhook the trailer and let the tongue raise up as the car went on, not the suggested method. :)

The odds of someone getting hurt is not a risk he wants. his insurance would cover the car if it was damaged, but a crushed hand, or foot, or lost fingers... he does not want to deal with.

He asked me to tell you Thank You very much for the offer, but does want a mover that can care for the loading if a person does get injured.

I have a feeling it would the best thing if he flew down then drove it back himself. I may suggest he and his girlfriend take the train down and then go get the car and come back. They need a bit of time off anyway. 14 hour shifts and 1.5 hours driving 6 days a week burns you out soon.

While talking he told me it is having a fuel flow problem, when you reach 6500 rpm it starts to cut out...... and this is why he has more tickets than he is old. :) I know because he is my son.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a problem and I agree that if they are working that many hours taking a couple days to go get it and come back would be a good thing. Hopefully things go well and they get some time off. If something comes up let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While talking he told me it is having a fuel flow problem, when you reach 6500 rpm it starts to cut out...... and this is why he has more tickets than he is old. :) I know because he is my son.
May or may not be a fuel problem. Could also be ignition breakdown, or (if old-style pushrods/rockers valve train) valve float.

Just a thought. I wish him luck getting it home.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom