Carbon seal Turbo's for draw through.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so a lot of very smart and fast guys on here so I thought I would run this past you guys and gals.

I spend some time at Abel racing and Andrei MoBoost loves presurizing engines and I get that but I love my carbs and he does not.
I have wanted Turbo boost for years but I want to do a draw through.

I have read the cons on it but I will only do a draw through and with 2 turbos and 1 or 2 carbs.

Anyone here know of any tips or know where there are some Carbon seal turbos that will not break the bank.

I have thought ball bearing turbo and restrict the oil supply to .025" then go smaller and smaller and see if I can eliminate the high vacuum oil sucking situation that plagues the draw through turbo.

I have even thought about a procharger type supercharger and going draw through with it.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not have your cake and eat it too?

Pretty sure Gale Banks perfected the blow through carburated system 30, maybe more years ago.

Think they was using a 750 Holley that was modified to suit.

I know I probably still have his literature around somewhere from back in the 90's.

Back then I just could not afford it.
Now I just dont care! Lol

Pretty cool though, but I'd just get in trouble.

Give it a look!

Twin-Turbo Revival: Part 1

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not going blow through but that link confirmed my suspicions that the twin T04
turbos will make decent power and are carbon seal.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 305" chevy I could put together for initial testing.
I care less if the 305 grenades.

My thought was at the spot on the intake where the carburetor would be bolted was to build a clear box that bolted there.
On the right and left side of the box is where the turbo's would dump the air and fuel.
Dual turbos of course and the air from one turbo would smash into the air of the other turbo.

I have seen one set up like that and it worked well to keep fuel from puddling.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 305" chevy I could put together for initial testing.
I care less if the 305 grenades.

My thought was at the spot on the intake where the carburetor would be bolted was to build a clear box that bolted there.
On the right and left side of the box is where the turbo's would dump the air and fuel.
Dual turbos of course and the air from one turbo would smash into the air of the other turbo.

I have seen one set up like that and it worked well to keep fuel from puddling.

My grandpa back in the 60s took an old vacuum cleaner and rigged it to blow on top of the carb on a Corvair. I remember it took him awhile to get the air flow choked down so it would work. And when he did, it did run stronger. He was big into fuel economy racing Corvairs, had a pasture full of them.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont see a reason to use draw through!
From what I have read in the past the draw through is not as good.

But...... Your project, Your call!

I just hope it is fun and enjoyable!

Latest posts

Top Bottom