Card fraud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to deal with someone using one of my cards for a couple of large ammo purchases late last year. Thankfully Chase caught the purchase and I was able to dispute them.

A few years ago I had to change a card multiple times.

And never use a debit card online. Credit card only.

STS11

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I woulda dropped 'em like a hot rock before I donated $550.

There are several things you can do to remedy business malfeasance, starting with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Some companies are also literally terrified of the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

For your situation, the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) regulates cable and satellite services.

Never surrender until you've exhausted all options... ;)
:drunk2:
I didn’t know.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things I'm going to miss about CA is that we have a fantastic credit union we do our banking with. THeir fraud department does a great job. We've been woken up at 1am with a phone call from the fraud dept several times asking us if we are making purchases at this exact time in Florida. TOld them know and they took care of the transaction. We have made a purchase at home and then hopped on a plane to Vegas and within two hours made another purchase on the same card. They called asking if we were in Vegas because the two purchases in two states so close together.

At some point I'm going to have to ask what banking institution we should look at parking our money when we move to OK.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the things I'm going to miss about CA is that we have a fantastic credit union we do our banking with. THeir fraud department does a great job. We've been woken up at 1am with a phone call from the fraud dept several times asking us if we are making purchases at this exact time in Florida. TOld them know and they took care of the transaction. We have made a purchase at home and then hopped on a plane to Vegas and within two hours made another purchase on the same card. They called asking if we were in Vegas because the two purchases in two states so close together.

At some point I'm going to have to ask what banking institution we should look at parking our money when we move to OK.
In this age of digital banking, you can't leave your money with a facility you trust?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In this age of digital banking, you can't leave your money with a facility you trust?

I get what your saying but never really thought about it that way. I am a touchy-feely sort of guy that does like to go into banks or at least have that ability to sit down and chat about an auto loan or whatever the need may be. Maybe, I'll start a thread on helping me choose the best bank.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get what your saying but never really thought about it that way. I am a touchy-feely sort of guy that does like to go into banks or at least have that ability to sit down and chat about an auto loan or whatever the need may be. Maybe, I'll start a thread on helping me choose the best bank.
We do everything online now. Buying vehicles, Banking, or whatever. We haven't visited a bank in many years other than to use the ATM.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you are a veteran, you might look into USAA. Ever since we got close to living full time and "on the road," we've done all our banking through them. One of the nice things they do is reimburse for ATM charges at other locations. Not that one gets there often, but they do have banking facilities in San Antonio and Colorado Springs.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do everything online now. Buying vehicles, Banking, or whatever. We haven't visited a bank in many years other than to use the ATM.

Understandable but what institution do you use for banking? Can't imagine using some bank 1400 miles away for something that a local or regional back can do just as good or better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom