Careful what you wish for

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure this isn't a one off. the ball gets dropped on so many fronts, but how is that a schools fault? I mean they took their warrantee issue straight to the manufacturer who wouldn't do anything. Does a school system have the power to usurp a parent's rights? I don't know the answer, but I don't feel the school is at fault here. The people suing the school are looking for the deepest pockets to sue, not go after the kids parents, who are ultimately responsible for him and his behavior. Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone says their kids are priceless until something happens, but they can tell you the price they were worth for the lawsuit.
So even if the kid had been violent before(why was he patted down every day?) he should still be allowed in school? If it's revealed he had assaulted a teacher or brought a gun to school before would you still say the school should have let him attend there and they were not negligent for doing so?
Given the known pattern of this happening it's just dropping the ball and not negligence?
How about when a school doesn't report a threat or covers it up is that just dropping the ball?

Norman police report...
"The report goes on to say, “we did not put our eyes on the graffiti and that they were already in the process of getting it cleaned by the time we were notified.”
This, after Norman Public Schools sent an email to parents saying the police deemed the graffiti a “non-credible threat.”

https://www.news9.com/story/62b1374...-termination-hearing-police-release-findings-

In Louden Virginia they denied/covered up for the "troubled" student who sexually assaulted a girl allowed him back in school and he did it again, negligence or just "dropping the ball"?. Since you mentioned schools usurping parental rights let's remember they arrested the dad and the Ed. system characterized him as a domestic terrorist and requested Fed. action against him and other parents who challenged the school board for it's actions.

https://wjla.com/features/i-team/lo...smith-sex-assault-victim-father-wants-apology
Again I'll ask where's your line for removing problem/dangerous kids from school? When should schools be accountable for ignoring danger to other kids and staff?

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
His parents were called in. They failed to act. Not the schools problem at that point. they are completely responsible at that point. Any attempt to lay blame elsewhere is an attempt to make people pay money. Nothing more. Plain and simple.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His parents were called in. They failed to act. Not the schools problem at that point. they are completely responsible at that point. Any attempt to lay blame elsewhere is an attempt to make people pay money. Nothing more. Plain and simple.
Seems your only concern is the lawsuit and absolving the system of accountability and you're of course entitled to your opinion. I guess you're still going to avoid the question about when a school should remove problem kids, anything goes I guess and regardless of the details the schools are never at fault.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, Im not trying to absolve the system of accountability because they have none other than teaching. I'm trying to stress that people need to stop looking for someone else to blame and look in the mirror.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a sad commentary on the shite hole our society has become when reflecting on the fact I actually used to ride the bus to school with a rifle and ammo , then give it to the school secretary who would put your name on it and stick it in the corner of the principals office so that we could go squirrel or quail hunting with our friends when we would stay the night at each other's homes .
Yeaah buddy! I don't know exactly how we got to the shape we're in but it sure sounds like you and I share a similar timeline. Back in about 1996 I got relocated to Ok and I met and Married an Ok native from Sapulpa. I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. The summers here are blazing hot and winters freezin' ass cold, but I can handle that even though I was raised in South Louisiana. What I really like about Oklahoma is No Bugs or Humidity. Now, before you roll your eyes and say he's a synapse or two short of a neuron that's a comparative OK?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeaah buddy! I don't know exactly how we got to the shape we're in but it sure sounds like you and I share a similar timeline. Back in about 1996 I got relocated to Ok and I met and Married an Ok native from Sapulpa. I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. The summers here are blazing hot and winters freezin' ass cold, but I can handle that even though I was raised in South Louisiana. What I really like about Oklahoma is No Bugs or Humidity. Now, before you roll your eyes and say he's a synapse or two short of a neuron that's a comparative OK?

Oh, YEAH!!!!

A few years ago, the wife sold an expensive, large, and heavy embroidery online to a young lady in Louisiana. Rather than try to ship such a thing, we decided that since we had NEVER been to Louisiana, we would just call it a "road trip" and deliver it to them. I don't remember what city it was that we met up with her husband to hand it off, but the humidity was horrendous.

I'm not in any hurry to get back to that state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom