Carlisle Indian School and Ancestry Dot Com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, my daughter wanted me to do the DNA thing with 23&me for medical reasons. My grandmother on Mom's side is 1/2 native American, white farther, Indian mother. My DNA came back with just a trace of native American, mostly European. Waste of money.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've had more luck tracking down branches of the family tree by responding to an email meant for someone else with a similar address (initial and same last name). I had gotten them off and on for a while, but the one about 'being picked up at the airport' seemed important enough to respond to and let the person know it didn't reach the recipient.

Turns out, the sender was the descendant of my great grandfather's brother.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister and mom did our family history the old fashioned way. Courthouse records, birth certs, contacting family members and grave stone pics. Nothing special in our history.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Richard, whom i've known since the first grade, wanted his DNA run thru Ancestry Dot Com, i had to get it done for him as he is computer dumb.

For years he's been trying to get on the tribal rolls but his only proof is a document showing one of his great uncles attended Carlisle Indian School, and as i remember there is a Carlisle enrollment document showing the great uncle as a student.

The results are in, he has absolutely zero native DNA, he's almost pure Limey
The DNA test will only tell you if you are Native American but not which tribe. It isn't that sophisticated yet. I also don't think tribes take a DNA test as proof to join the tribe/nation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom