Carmelo Anthony to OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow ....largest contract in NBA history ...... well I don't know I wouldn't have ...but rebuilding the team will be difficult unless they make it to the finals this year

So you would have let him walk??? :rolleyes2

Westbrook's extension just saved OKC from being another cellar-dwelling, irrelevant, small market franchise. A little over a year ago everyone believed (myself included) that Durant's departure was the deathblow to this franchise's success. Now they are rolling out three potential HOF caliber players in their starting five and actually have legitimate chances to retain George and Anthony after this season. Hollywood scripts don't write themselves this well.

BTW...kudos to Russ for trolling that little :censored: Durant on his B-Day as well.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you would have let him walk??? :rolleyes2

Westbrook's extension just saved OKC from being another cellar-dwelling, irrelevant, small market franchise. A little over a year ago everyone believed (myself included) that Durant's departure was the deathblow to this franchise's success. Now they are rolling out three potential HOF caliber players in their starting five and actually have legitimate chances to retain George and Anthony after this season. Hollywood scripts don't write themselves this well.

BTW...kudos to Russ for trolling that little :censored: Durant on his B-Day as well.

No , I understand why you keep Westbrook. And that's a tough call on starting over or going for broke. Westbrook is almost 30 and can be injury prone. Look what we picked up in the off season George is a stellar pick up (but if we don't make it to at least the finals ) i don't think he stays. Melo is another issue, he's old and he won't stay if they don't show the ability to be a champship caliber team. So I get a little worried that we have a one and done season next year. It would be a little harder to leave if they win one in OKC

I think the real problem is OKC it's it's not flashy enough to peak their interest

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No , I understand why you keep Westbrook. And that's a tough call on starting over or going for broke. Westbrook is almost 30 and can be injury prone. Look what we picked up in the off season George is a stellar pick up (but if we don't make it to at least the finals ) i don't think he stays. Melo is another issue, he's old and he won't stay if they don't show the ability to be a champship caliber team. So I get a little worried that we have a one and done season next year. It would be a little harder to leave if they win one in OKC

I think the real problem is OKC it's it's not flashy enough to peak their interest

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ension-absolutely-factor-decision-next-summer

Glad you're not running the show lol.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

All talk at this point, as I said they have to make a serious impact and make it to the finals for the other players to want to stay. If they do not turn into a contender this year I don’t think we keep George. I don’t think hink we keep Melo either (hell, he could retire). If they do win an NBA Title or at least make it to the big dance then it will be much harder for them to leave and would makes brining talent in a little easier. But for a short term Run , Sam Presti IS “The MAGIC MAN”

Latest posts

Top Bottom