Carrier losing jobs: Another Drumpf fumble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure he said what he thought was the truth at the time. When American union employees keep sucking companies dry by demanding more pay and benefits for jobs that require basic knowledge and ability, they will look for cheaper labor. YG, you should know this better than anyone. Dayton tire was paying almost $50 per hour and shut down when you were there. Now you've got an education partially funded by the government and have jumped to the liberal indoctrinated side of opinion.

I'm sick of all the people bashing Trump at every turn. He's done and trying to do more than any President in a long time. All you highly educated PHD's keep pushing the anti Trump agenda and pretend what you're doing matters. Publish more papers for peer review and call yourselves Dr this and Dr that. The rest of us will support our President and do what we can to help make America great again in spite of all those who whine about his every move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely interesting info here. I will keep this.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B
I'm sure he said what he thought was the truth at the time. When American union employees keep sucking companies dry by demanding more pay and benefits for jobs that require basic knowledge and ability, they will look for cheaper labor. YG, you should know this better than anyone. Dayton tire was paying almost $50 per hour and shut down when you were there. Now you've got an education partially funded by the government and have jumped to the liberal indoctrinated side of opinion.

I'm sick of all the people bashing Trump at every turn. He's done and trying to do more than any President in a long time. All you highly educated PHD's keep pushing the anti Trump agenda and pretend what you're doing matters. Publish more papers for peer review and call yourselves Dr this and Dr that. The rest of us will support our President and do what we can to help make America great again in spite of all those who whine about his every move.

Be careful, YG will characterize your post as idiotic, or nastiness, rather than address the substance of what you said.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the quality of their product's lately, I would probably call it fleeing the scene of the crime.

They moved their evaporator plant to Mexico years ago. Those leaky coils in the mid 90's cost the contractors money in warranty repairs and the consumers also.

I've been to the plant in Indianapolis. Nice plant. They were gearing up for their new multi positional furnace. What a goofy design that is.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This was so well said, it needed to be said again!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing about people who are educated in liberalism is they don't think for themselves. They just regurgitate what they are force fed in class, that's why they all sound the same. Then it just perpetuates itself because that's all they know.

It's amazing how many people are being brainwashed in the name of higher education. The sad thing is, they don't understand how ridiculous they sound to everyone else.

Trump was elected by the people, it wasn't a mistake or accident or anamoly or Russian intervention. If anything, it was Hillary and Debbie wasserman who kept Bernie from being elected which I think he may have had a chance to beat Trump. Then Obama interfered with the election by using the FBI to spy on Trump and republican congressional leaders. http://nypost.com/2017/05/26/how-team-obama-tried-to-hack-the-election/

But these eletist ignore these types of stories because it doesn't fit the liberal speaking point of learned behavior.

And the latest win for republicans in Montana just reinforces that liberals are completely out of touch.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still better than Hillary by a light year.

Trump/state deals are not going to save those jobs. such deals make for great publicity, but the underlying cause behind the loss of manufacturing jobs is still there and that trend will most likely long outlast Trump or any of us here.

The only way you can truly 'save' those jobs and create more is by changing the fundamental underlying economic causes of these job losses. It's not just carrier losing jobs because of Mexico, it's all manufacturers in the U.S. losing jobs.

Exporting these jobs to countries with cheaper labour has been a driving factor so far, but it's becoming more and more expensive to do even that. China is becoming more expensive and there is a very thin profit margin once you factor in all the shipping.

It's only cheaper there because of lax laws in environment and labour, but as China becomes more developed, the costs will rise. Mexico is a better option because cheap labour and proximity to U.S. markets. But even countries like China and Mexico won't be able to rely on those jobs for long.

Because the nail in the good paying manufacturing job coffin is not Mexico or China, or any other country. It's technology, specifically automation.

According to this study; http://conexus.cberdata.org/files/MfgReality.pdf
source: http://fortune.com/2017/04/05/jobs-automation-artificial-intelligence-robotics/

we have lost 5 million jobs since 2000, of those 5 million jobs, 88% were lost to automation.

Trump can't do **** about that. It made for nice PR, but those jobs are going to be gone sooner or later, regardless.

Unless a fundamental change is made in our economic policies that would probably do more damage to our economy.
The reality is that these factory workers need to be retrained into the service economy we've developed. These jobs aren't coming back.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of those times where I am gonna shock the **** out of everybody. YG and I have a very storied past. Not all of it good. Some was my fault. Some was his. Some we had help from a third party.

Say what you will, but from his POV his arguments are fairly well thought out. Even someone who is wrong can have a fairly decent argument for their position. :hypnotize::hey3:

I rarely agree with him (and really wish he wouldn't resort to the "your an idiot" argument because I think it lessens his position) but I do consider him a friend.

He has helped me more (when I'm sure he thought I didn't deserve the time of day) when some folks who were "friends" we're in the process of an anally probing me every damned chance they got.

Nothing but respect here now. But I do wish he'd stop calling Trump Drump. I don't recall but I don't think I ever called Obama Obummer. (Ok, that said if someone goes and finds a post where I did, then I apologize for being disrespectful to the office, and apologize to YG for being just a tad bit holier than thou -- even though I'm sure he understands it's mostly in a little fun-loving ribbing now.:fallangel:rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom