Carry a rifle in public?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Under what circumstances would it be okay to carry a rifle or shotgun in public for self defense?

• Only if it’s not an AR-15, AK-47, or other gun that the media portrays as scary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted for several of the choices. I've argued against the auditors in the other threads. I want it to be legal to carry anything pretty much anywhere but I'm not a fan of the audtiting thing. I guess I'm saying something like we should be free to carry wherever whatever but only for good reason. What is good reason? Idk, I'm thinking about it. I don't think this auditing is good reason though.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't the first choice cover every pro-carry scenario (vehicles, rural, etc.)?
106176-8f0090b7cee06ce6a86d722a4658fb7a.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me it does, I can't say why but I just checked all boxes that I agreed with. I guess that way you can see what folks do agree with if they don't agree with first choice.
Yeah... I thought about doing that, but seems like it skews the results, because it makes it look like more folks agree with the other options rather than the first. :anyone:

Lol, above my pay-grade either way.
:drunk2:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poll is designed to be answered by checking the box next to every option you agree with. Not ideal, but I thought that would provide the most options for people to choose exactly what they support and be able to see in the results a tally of total support for each option. So it would make sense if you chose the first option to also check all but the last two.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
These asshats "Auditing" are looking for issues and will get an issue sooner or later. You keep playing stupid games and sooner rather than later you will get stupid prizes. Carry your AR pistol if that is what you want to do but don't be a jackass and provoke the police when they show up!!

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for several of the choices. I've argued against the auditors in the other threads. I want it to be legal to carry anything pretty much anywhere but I'm not a fan of the audtiting thing. I guess I'm saying something like we should be free to carry wherever whatever but only for good reason. What is good reason? Idk, I'm thinking about it. I don't think this auditing is good reason though.
I also agree that we should be able to carry whatever we want but the way society is now days most walk around with emotional support dogs and are always aware of where the nearest safe space is that it makes it tough and these people vote

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poll is designed to be answered by checking the box next to every option you agree with. Not ideal, but I thought that would provide the most options for people to choose exactly what they support and be able to see in the results a tally of total support for each option. So it would make sense if you chose the first option to also check all but the last two.
Yeah, but that's the kicker...

Let's say 3 folks agree with the first choice, and 3 others only agree with carrying in a vehicle.

If 3 folks agree with the 1st choice (which covers vehicle-carry) and also check the vehicle-carry, and 3 folks only agree with vehicle-carry... then you show 6 agreeing with vehicle carry and only 3 agreeing with the first choice.

Sounds like the definition of skewed to me. :anyone:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I was thinking about the dogs while reading these threads the other day. Its common place now to go into Lowes or HD and have someone elses dog sniffing your junk. Yesterday at Academy there was a freaking dog off the leash walking around with some knucklehead calling for him to come here. I personally prefer my emotional support Glock.

Either way my point is you see these dogs all the time now in places and no cares about them or that I am allergic to dogs. So it is possible we could see people strolling around in the future with long guns and people don't really think much about it. My guess is no one is auditing how people treat support animals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom